2) We still have 53 days left until Spring. I. May. Not. Make. It.
3) In theory, sitting down together as a family at 7:30am for breakfast is a good idea. In reality, I am still not a morning person. Nor is my stomach.
4) You should definitely read, "Where'd You Go, Bernadette" by Maria Semple. You should not start reading it at 11 at night if you need to function the next day.
5) I have the best husband in the world. When he got home yesterday, knowing that I had had a rough day, he sent me off by myself for the evening. To do whatever I wanted to do. By myself. Did I mention Best. Husband. Ever.
6) Old Navy sells jewelry. Like necklaces! Why has no one shared this with me before???
7) Rachel will eventually learn how to have quiet time in her room. She stayed in there for an hour and a half on Monday. (This has been a struggle for me because, when Sam gave up his nap, he still had a couple of hours of "quiet time" in his room. He loved it and so did I. It was a good transition between napping and not napping for both of us. Rachel has been struggling with it more. To me, ten minutes does not constitute a good quiet time.)
and last, but not least,
8) If a cucumber tastes like it might be off, maybe it actually is, and I shouldn't keep eating it.
If any of these were revelations for you too, I'm glad I discovered them first and was able to share them with you, because they weren't all such pleasant discoveries. Especially the cucumber.
Also, my grandma turns 90 today. She is my last living grandparent and I wish I could go to Saskatchewan and celebrate with her. Happy Birthday Grandma!!! (Because she'll totally appreciate a blog shout-out. Ha!)
Grandma laughing at her crazy great-grandchildren.