Wednesday, December 13, 2023

The Evening I Pretended To Live In A Hallmark Movie!

Friday night was so much fun!!! Last year we went to a light display called "Jingle Bell Rock" at a family fun centre in our city. Rachel and I really enjoyed it and were determined to go back this year. Sam didn't want to go so we picked a night when he had a Youth event. And then Dave came along for the ride :)

So happy to be somewhere sparkly and fun!
There were lots of fun light installations you could pose with.
This was a sparkly light tunnel to walk through.
In the middle was a courtyard area with this huge light tree. There was music playing the entire time and the lights would flash in rhythm with the song. It was really fun!
Last year in the fire pit area you could make s'mores but they didn't offer that this year. Instead we sat by the fire and enjoyed our drinks. Dave and Rachel shared two hot chocolates -- a caramel one and a candy cane one. I had hot apple cider with a shot of Jagermeister. YUM!!!
More fun posing!
Can you see Dave and I in the heart?!?!
More fun photo ops!
There was a border of lights and more light trees. They changed colours. Imagine a bunch of sparkly, flashing lights with Christmas music and you have an idea of how fun it was!
Dave and I commented it was like a festival in a Hallmark movie and we were imagining different scenarios. Then Dave commented, "We both have jobs which are too stable to be in a Hallmark movie!"
Different pictures of the tree in the middle with its changing lights.
This brought Rachel and I so much JOY! 
Whereas Dave spent a lot of the evening thinking, "Oy!"
Can you see Rachel taking a selfie with the main tree?
I can't remember exactly what was happening here? I think we were trying to coordinate a dance move!!!
One last sparkly photo op!

It was the perfect evening to visit because it was fairly warm and it wasn't too crowded. Last year the kids were able to decorate cookies at Mrs Claus' cottage and we enjoyed some snowball doughnuts. However, you could only get the doughnuts as a half dozen and neither Dave nor I enjoy doughnuts. I think last year was more fun and this year, while still fun, wasn't as amazing. I told Dave I could probably skip it for next year. However, for this year, I'm glad we experienced it again. Anything that brings more light, and fun, into my life at this time of year is a win!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful and fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I wish we had something like that over here during the festive season. I want to go to a European-inspired Christmas market in the city one of these nights. They advertised falling snowflakes but they can't be serious-we have had 40ºC days and 36ºC nights. But you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does look so dreamy. Love your title of the post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)