Tuesday, December 05, 2023

I Spy 2023: Week 44 & 45

I can't remember why I didn't get an "I Spy" post done last week (I think I might have been missing a few pictures) and I'm bound and determined to get this post written for today. It's Monday night as I'm writing this and I've taken a sick day for tomorrow. So as soon as this is written, I'm crawling into bed, even though it's not that late. I'm hopeful a good night's sleep will help me feel better. Also, since it's been dark since about 5, it feels a lot later than it actually is. I'm sure it's got to be close to 11pm by now :) Or you know, 6:29pm -- same thing.

Let's Play iSpy 2022

Week 44

acorn

I could not find an "acorn" to take a picture of at all so I decided to take a picture of these brown, dried flowers which are the "acorns" of this bush. Yes, I know, I'm stretching here. An acorn is the seed of its tree and these flowers are the seeds of this bush...

plant – quarterly

This plant used to be in much better shape (see it in all it's glory, a mere six months ago, in this post here), but, real life, this is what it looks like now. I'm tempted to toss it, but it is starting to send forth some new shoots so maybe I shouldn't give up all hope yet.

brown

There is so much "brown" in this photo -- the bricks, the dead leaves, the dying plant (which is hard to distinguish from the leaves), the new window boxes -- so many shades of brown.

forever

I really struggled with this prompt and then decided to get low to make it look like our stairs go on "forever." Did it work?!?!?!

your choice

Sam convinced Dave to buy an assorted pack of danishes.
A cherry one will always be "my choice."

Week 45

lock

These are the "locks" to our front door which we hardly ever use. Once in awhile, someone comes to the front door, or more likely, opens it to yell at another family member in the front yard, and then we sometimes forget to "lock" it for a few days. Oooops.

Spot in Town – quarterly

For "spot in town -- quarterly" this year, I picked our street. I think I thought the differences in the yards and trees (and new buildings at the end of the street) would be more significant than they have been. I apologize that this was an uninteresting sight to watch (not) change throughout the year.

body parts

Rachel had a dance friend over and they were doing some partner yoga. My "body parts" don't bend like theirs do!

in the dark

I love the labyrinth at our church which we walk to kick off Advent. We start in the sanctuary "in the dark" and then each person who walks the labyrinth gets a candle lit in a jar to eventually fill the space with more light.

 your choice

I really dislike carnations but they will always be "my choice" for my Advent wreath. I think it's because my mom always used carnations for hers so they're tied together in my mind.

*weeks 97 & 98 of Lysha's challenge prompts. See her posts here and here.

4 comments:

  1. When you're at the bottom of steps, you can believe those are FOREVER long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stairs really do look like they go on forever! Good job! I can imagine it´s fun finding photos for the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The labyrinth tradition is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)