Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Currently: February 2023

It's time for another month of "Currently" with Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness. I really like "Currently" posts and how they help me to reflect on my month.

[loving]

I am "loving" my January tulips. For those of you who don't know, I buy bouquets of tulips every January, and, sometimes well into February, and they just bring me so much joy during winter.

I also splurged and got highlights last night! I get my hair highlighted about once every two years and last night was the night, so I am also "loving" that.

[feeling]

I'm "feeling" grey. Is that actually a feeling? I need some sunshine. I need some brightness in my life (besides my tulips -- hahaha!) and I don't know how to get it.

Side note: the sun shone for about half an hour yesterday and I managed to catch some as I was walking home. The sun shining was so noteworthy that the radio station I listened to a bit later mentioned, "THE SUN IS SHINING!" We were all very excited about it :)

[posting]

I'm still trying to get the posts written about our winter getaway. Hopefully Part 2 is coming tomorrow. In a more traditional definition of "posting" I posted the last of the thank you cards from Sam's Bar Mitzvah the other day -- whooooo hooooo!!!

Another side note: I got home from work yesterday, checked the mail, and one of Sam's thank you cards had been returned. There was no note from the mail service so all we can speculate is that they thought our return address was actually the "to" address. sigh.

[receiving]

Rachel received this amazing bunny hug (Saskatchewan word for "hoodie") from my parents a few days ago. She's hardly taken it off since. I haven't been receiving much of anything lately, but I really hope to get a t-shirt with the same Saskatchewan Tiger Lily pattern next time we go to Saskatchewan.

[seeing]

Well, besides "seeing" our piles of snow growing, I've been "seeing" our new bathroom tap. Our old one was leaking so a plumber had to replace it. Sadly, our bathroom is no longer French :( The kids and I were super disappointed.

left: our old taps with "hot" and "cold" in French; right: our new boring (non-French) tap

Also, Rachel decided to embrace the "winter blues" when it came to her hair and she is sooooo excited about it!!! She was originally wanting just "blue tips" and basically ended up with mermaid hair (with some pink) and she is over the moon excited about it!

 

So that's a little bit of our life "currently." I'm looking forward to reading all of your posts but that might have to wait until the weekend because, while the rest of our week is busy, our weekend "currently" holds very few plans. Whooo hooo!!!

16 comments:

  1. Glad you had some sunshine and I love the tulips! This inspires me to get some to freshen up my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair- Mama and Rachel's! That sure helps to beat the winter blues right? Of course I always love your tulips too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rachel's hair and your highlights look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel's hair is so fun!! I think the sun is trying to come out here right now, so maybe when I go out at lunch I can catch a sunbeam, I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to get highlights! I totally understand feeling "gray". Seasonal depression/sadness is a real thing. I have family who live near Denver and they've confirmed this as well. It snows there all the time and they get stuck inside, even though it may also be sunny. We've been having icy weather here this week, with rain and clouds thrown into the mix, so I will be glad to see the sunshine when it finally makes its appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't have nearly the winter that you do (duh), but I majorly get the winter blues. It's so hard when it's just gray all the time! Hoping time speeds up to the spring for all of us! I love your hair and Rachel's hair!! Drew's been wanting to do blue tips for a while, I'll have to show her Rachel's hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your and your daughter's hair is just lovely!! I nearly went old school and mentioned posting a few big packages I mailed to my sister but stuck with what I've been posting to the blog instead. Your tulips are always so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair - and your daughter's - looks great! Too bad about those taps needing replaced, I love the vintage look of the old ones and the hot and cold labels. Visiting from Currently

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks fantastic and so does your daughter's. I do hope that you get some sunshine soon. I don't like endless grey skies either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair and Rachel's hair looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVEEEE the blue hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tulips are beautiful and I love both of your's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tulips are a great idea as a pick-me-up! I am definitely getting down over the grey days too. Love your daughter's and your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those Tulips are gorgeous! I'm sending you some sunny Florida vibes :-) The blue looks so cool! I like it on the lower part. I've always wanted to dye my hair blue, but I've been on the fence of dying my hair, hehe

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those tulips are so pretty and do brighten up a room especially during the winter months. I like you and daughters hair. I hope you enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)