Tuesday, February 21, 2023

I Spy 2023: Week 7

Welcome to another week of "I Spy." This week's photos feature the lasting effects of the ice storm which we received last Thursday night. While this past weekend felt more like spring, our continuing ice storms remind me that winter is not yet over. Let's Play iSpy 2022

  the sun shown


Thankfully "the sun shone" and our ice is all melted, but this photo shows both the sun shining and the ice covering our tree in the backyard. I'm so thankful that although there was a lot of ice, we didn't lose any branches off our trees.

plugged

 

Our drainpipe was definitely "plugged" with ice after the storm. Thankfully it's all melted away now.

rock

My friend Shirley is so creative and talented. Last spring she started painting rocks. This is the "rock" she painted for me for my 50th birthday. It's so beautiful. 

walking

 

It was hard to capture a picture but this is Rachel and I "walking" on my favourite path this past weekend. Please note I'm wearing running shoes instead of winter boots. I try to embrace the moments of warmer weather when I can.

your choice

 

You may have already seen this on Instagram, but Rachel and I went out for afternoon tea this past weekend. A scone with jam and clotted cream is always "my choice." Yum!!!

 *Lysha's prompts for Week 59. See her post here.

3 comments:

  1. That scone looked like pizza at first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your afternoon tea looks delicious! We missed the ice storm; thankfully! But we did get a bit of snow here today so I know winter is definitely not over but I much preferred last week when we didn't even need coats. Your ice photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)