Tuesday, February 07, 2023

I Spy 2023: Week 5

 It's time for another edition of I Spy. See below for some of what I spied this past week. Let's Play iSpy 2022

plant – quarterly

We don't have a lot of indoor plants so this is the same one I started to showcase last year. This was a gift from a school I worked at for six weeks in spring 2021. I'm really happy I've kept it alive for so long.

chaos

While the dishes may be clean every morning when I wake up, the structures Dave creates to get them all drying, often feel like pure "chaos." Thankfully, it's clean chaos, but it's crazy none the less. 
 
love

 

I had two choices for this one and finally decided that I really "love" that Sam baked cookies on Saturday, with very little input from me. It's a wonderful new stage of life!!! Rachel also baked a batch of cookies on Saturday night but I didn't get a picture of her.

 covered

I struggled what to do for this prompt and then I remembered the picture I took of the cookie sheet "covered" in almonds to be baked. I had to check with my mom if these would roast okay or not. I managed not to ruin the recipe and Dave and I have eaten about half of what's shown here thus far.

your choice

Both kids had play dates on Sunday afternoon so Dave and I got some kid free time. A walk in the woods with Dave is always "my choice." 

*Lysha's prompts for Week 57. See her post here

7 comments:

  1. Gabbie can bake on her own while Zachary usually needs more instruction with finding what he needs! Always fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nephews are now old enough to whip stuff up on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun challenge! I am going to look into this.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve done so well with the plant. It looks like it’s thriving. I have a similar one that I haven’t killed yet which is great! Actually I’m doing much better with plants now that I water them every Friday. Before that it was always bad news for any plant that came into my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baked almonds? Tell me more! They sound yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that my boys can bake on their own. I've made it a habit to water my plants every Friday and surprisingly I've kept all of them alive for over a few years now; I even managed to transplant a few into bigger pots without killing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the drying dishes chaos pic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)