Tuesday, January 31, 2023

I Spy 2023: Week 4

It's time for another week of I Spy. And this week I spied a lot more winter happening around our house. Considering I got to weight lift (aka shovel) every day this past weekend, I would say winter is definitely here now.

Let's Play iSpy 2022

On Your Plate – Quarterly

Winter brings soup season and one of my favourites is a chickpea-kale-tomato soup. This is seriously such an easy soup to make and, last week, I ate it for lunch almost every day. And I realize this is "in my bowl" instead of "on my plate" but soup doesn't mix so well with a plate :)

Hanging

 

I wanted to get pictures of my ornaments "hanging" from the tree. I loved their little hats of snow after the big dump we had late last week. Of course, after I took this picture, Sam tried to knock all the snow off the ornaments, which completely ruined their look!

Starts with A

 

I really struggled with this prompt. Then I decided to share this picture which I took to text to a friend to show her the low "attendance" (starts with "A") at church on Sunday. I think attendance was low due to the significant snow we received on Sunday morning. Honestly, if Rachel hadn't been reading the benediction, we probably wouldn't have gone to church either.

Also, the friend I was texting with hasn't been able to attend church in person since March 2020 due to her health. Therefore, I text her during church when we attend in person and she attends online, to share little observations about being in the church building. Normally, I don't condone texting during church but I make an exception for her.

Pile

The "pile" of snow on our front yard grew significantly this past week. I asked Sam to stand beside it to show how big it is now. And we've had even more snow since I took this picture. Yay winter?!?!?

Choose Anything – (Monthly – same vantage point)

Last year for this prompt, I chose to show our dining room monthly and since I only made it to April, I decided to use the same idea. So here's our dining room this past Sunday -- note three bunches of tulips and a puzzle which Rachel and I did on Sunday afternoon.

*week 56 of Lysha's challenge prompts. See her post here.

4 comments:

  1. I think it is so sweet and thoughtful for you to text your friend during church to offer the small things you notice. I love it! - Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, very creative response to the prompts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)