Tuesday, January 10, 2023

I Spy 2023: Week 1

A few years ago, Lysha at A Camera and a Cookbook started an "I Spy" photography challenge. I managed to post for every week in 2021, if not always on time, and then I started 2022 off well. However, in May I had Covid and never got back on track. So my plan this year is to use Lysha's prompts from last year. Lysha is taking a break from the "I Spy" challenge so there is no link up but I wanted to give her the credit for coming up with not only the idea, but all the prompts I will be using this year.

Additionally, I was trying to find a consistent day of the week to post these photos and I have decided on Tuesdays. We will see if I can complete this challenge this year!

Let's Play iSpy 2022

 check(ed)

We had half the time in Saskatchewan that we had anticipated so Dave made a chart as to what we were eating when. This way we could get all the essential meals (and foods!) "check(ed)" off the list!

different

This is a "different" view of Saskatchewan than what I usually share. What was also "different" about the trip home is that Rachel chose to sit across the aisle on her own and I got to sit by the window. 

new
 

My first time working out on our "new" rowing machine. Which we bought in May. This could also go under "different." Check in with me in a month to see if I'm still using it :)

happiness

After years of checking the Northern Lights forecast, Dave finally got to see them this time around. Being able to see him experience Northern Lights for the first time gave me so much "happiness"!

your choice

 

Tulips in January are always "my choice"!!!

*Week 53 of Lysha's challenge prompts

7 comments:

  1. Yesss to the tulips- grabbed our first couple of bunches and thought of you- you will probably see them in my Friday Favorites post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tulips are so pretty! And the northern lights! wow wow wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rowing machine sounds fun! I would love to see the Northern Lights. So great Dave got to see them for the first time in your trip - Sarah @torontoSAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Northern Lights are so cool! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey friend!! I loved the iSpy photo challenge but fell off the band wagon with all things when my mom died this past summer. I think I am in a better place now and am hosting a winter photo challenge. Come join me!! No rules. Just try to take a photo for each prompt between now and the first day of spring. Maybe you could adopt iSpy for Lysha this year??
    Ha!! Giggled about your new exercise machine. We have a garage full and I HAVE TO GET OUT THERE and use them this year!! No excuses.
    Love the view from the plane. And of course, the Northern Lights. Have only seen them in person once - from my bedroom window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you're doing this! I would love to see the Northern Lights someday. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Dave's food matrix, especially the huge blocked off time for happy hour! And LOVE that he finally got to see the northern lights!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)