Saturday, April 25, 2015

Starting Hour 12: A Mid-Event Survey

I'm just beginning my twelfth hour of reading and I'm going to fill out the mid-event survey.
me reading in the sun around hour 9

1. What are you reading right now?
I just finished What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. I'm going to begin The Storied Life of A.J. Firky by Gabrielle Zevin next. Also I need to get back to The Interestings since book club begins in a little over 24 hours.

2. How many books have you read so far?
Sadly, only one. But I'm almost done a second book of essays. I say "sadly" because I thought I would have read more by now.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I'm hoping to get to Girl On The Train this half. 

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I haven't had many thus far but I will be interrupting "my reading" to read to the kids in a bit. Once they get home from their day out at their grandparents, that is.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How much I've enjoyed interacting with the Instagram community of readers. I thought I would be much more of an anti-social reader :) And although I've had caffeine in various forms, I have not yet had a Coke!

Books read: 1
Pages read: 683
Cups of coffee-hot chocolate: 2
Glasses of half iced tea/half lemonade: 2
Bottles of water (750ml): 2
Walks around the block: 1  (I need to get moving a bit more!)

Now I'm back to reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)