Sunday, April 26, 2015

Readathon Hour 24: I'm So Tired I Don't Even Know If I Make Sense Anymore

Here are my answers for the end of the event meme:

1.Which hour was most daunting for you?
Definitely Hours 20-21. And then again at Hour 22 and a half! I had a nap for half an hour from in Hours 20-21, and I finished a book with an hour and a half left and REALLY wanted to sleep. But I picked up another one and have almost 100 pages read.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty and Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No, I think you guys do a great job!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon?
I really enjoyed the community of readers and encouragers on Instagram. Even though I signed up for a cheerleader to visit me on my blog (which they never did -- but honestly, I'm not bothered by it), I got lots of unofficial encouragement on Instagram.

5. How many books did you read?
I read four books for me and seven with my kids.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
The Interestings -- Meg Wolitzer
Essays From My Life: Where Love And Loss Are Held -- Miriam Pellman Maust
What Alice Forgot -- Liane Moriarty
The Storied Life Of A.J. Fikry -- Gabrielle Zevin

7. Which book did you enjoy the most?
Definitely What Alice Forgot.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
Definitely The Interestings. It was a book for my book club which meets tonight so I had to read it but I really didn't enjoy it.

9.  If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't a Cheerleader.

10.   How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I definitely want to participate again. I would not stay up the full 24 hours again and I would likely just participate through Instagram, maybe writing a blog post or two. I would also likely sign up as an official cheerleader on Instagram. I had a lot of fun encouraging, and being encouraged by, the community there.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! I can't even get myself to read for 24 minutes let alone 24 hours. My goal for this summer is to read one book - and for that book to be non-work related - because I can't tell you the last time I read something purely for pleasure!!

    Let me know when you get to The Girl on the Train and what you thought of it! I've heard mixed reviews but I think it might be THE book I try and read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)