Monday, November 11, 2013

Going, Going, Gone

Yesterday was a crazy day of waking up late to going to church to going for lunch with Donny and Marika to going to a concert to going to a first birthday party to going to a meeting to going to bed. There was about that much "going" involved and not much time to sit and just be. Oh, and because Donny and Marika had been here the night before and I got a very compelling book out of the library on Friday, not much sleep happened on Saturday night. Not very much at all. So I decided last night at 11, when I finally had a chance to just sit, that I wasn't going to blog about my day. Next Sunday will (hopefully) be more typical and I will write about that day. As for yesterday, I'm just glad it's gone!

Sometimes my "day of rest" just isn't all that restful.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry honey, hope you get caught up on your rest. I sent Matt and Lance to church while I slept in....ha! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I totally feel you on the day of rest being unrestful! I really always hate that we are scrambling to get everything done on Sundays after church and don't get very much time to rest. I was actually home most of the day yesterday after church and lunch, but I still felt drained because I was doing some projects (some of this was self-inflicted because they were things I wanted to do) and keeping the toddler of the house from destroying things. Whew, that child is tiring me out! It is just impossible to really rest with a toddler in the house. And Eddie and Evan bought me a new book at his class book fair that I had been wanting to read for a long time so I am really wanting to just curl up and read for hours on end, but alas, by the time I have time at night, I am too exhausted to stay awake. Sigh. The new book is "Death Comes to Pemberly" which is written by a British mystery writer as a follow up to Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice so I am so curious to see where she takes the story. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)