Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Not Just A Mom: Day In The Life Weekend Edition

A couple of months ago, the "Not Just A Mom" bloggers wrote about a Day In The Life, Weekend Edition. I was going to blog that week but a) it snowed a whole ton the day I was going to blog about so we spent most of our time shoveling (which would have been very boring) and b) we went on vacation five days later and I ran out of time. So I decided to document two Saturdays ago, which ended up being ridiculously busy. Ooops. Continue reading to see what I/we got up to this day.

I woke up around 8:45 and got a load of laundry going. I didn't think I'd have much laundry to do this day, but (spoiler alert), I was wrong.

Then I convinced Dave that it was nice enough to enjoy morning coffee outside. I carry Kleenex with me everywhere these days, thanks to stupid allergies.

The first load of laundry was a rather large coloured load. Hanging laundry out is one of my favourite things to do! (I realize I claim a lot of things are "my favourite thing to do." It's because they all are! -- hahahaha!!!)

Next, I did some menu planning and grocery list making outside. On nice days, I just want to be outside all the time! I love it so much!

Part of Rachel's dance show (although not the pieces she was dancing in) were based on Mamma Mia, so Rachel wanted to watch the movie. And of course, I got sucked in to0. This is such a fun movie!

After the movie was done it was around 11am, Dave drove Sam to badminton and went to an event at the synagogue, and I convinced Rachel to join me outside. I went through some schoolwork of Rachel's, ate a bagel for breakfast (I can never eat first thing when I wake up), and did some yard work. Rachel knit (a skill she learned at school) and also did some yardwork.

At noon, I walked to badminton to pick up Sam. I admired a neighbour's tulips and Sam and I walked through the cemetery.

When I got home, I admired the yard work I'd completed (HAHAHA!!!), heated up lunch for myself (eaten outside of course!), and supervised the kids while they made their lunches. We only had about 40 minutes between getting home from badminton and heading out again. Also, I am attempting to drink more water (flavoured with lime juice) and this meme made me laugh. A lot. It's so true!!!


The kids had a Jr Youth event and they had to meet at a certain LRT station. So we decided to take the LRT to the station, and then Dave and I were going to walk some errands on the way home. Well, it turned out we met two of the Jr Youth sponsors on the LRT so we handed Sam and Rachel over to them and got off a stop early so we could start our errands sooner. (And save ourselves a little bit of walking.) We went to the library, the bank, Starbucks, and the liquor store so we got everything essential done. Hahahaha!

We got home around 3 and I started folding laundry, while drinking a Coke, and listening to the Jays' game. It was such a great afternoon!

Around 3:45, Dave went to pick the kids up, and drop off our friends' child, I moved inside with the Jays' game, put away dishes, washed more dishes, and did the early stages of grilled cheese prep.

The kids got home, I folded more laundry, we ate supper, and I ironed my skirt.

Then it was time to do Rachel's hair for dance. We always apply the hair spray outside or downstairs, since she needs so much of it!

We took a few pictures with our dancer before the show. The show started at 6:30 and ended around 10. Rachel danced for approximately seven minutes of it. Hahahaha!!! After the show, our volunteer commitment was to clean up the changerooms so we didn't get home until about 11pm. I was t-i-r-e-d.


After a long day, and over 17,000 steps, I was more than ready to crawl into bed with my book.

And that was our way too busy weekend day in the life. On Sunday, I basically sat on my butt and read all day to recuperate! Thanks for reading and you can check out the original link up at Sarah's blog here.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE Mama Mia! So fun! Love the dance pics too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a busy and long day!! I like to spend as much time outside too, although we haven't eaten any meals outside yet, I need to tidy up our table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow; that is a busy and very LONG day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You packed a lot into a weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dance recitals are notorious for being epically long.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)