Thursday, May 04, 2023

I Spy 2023: Week 17

My "I Spy" post is a few days late this week because there was something else scheduled on the blog on Tuesday :) You can read that post here. Then yesterday was the monthly "currently" link up. This week's I Spy is full of birthday adventures and Rachel's dance.

Let's Play iSpy 2022

On Your Plate – quarterly

Well, this version of "on my plate-quarterly" is really special because this is my birthday dinner. I requested Earl Grey Tea Salmon, sweet potato fries (my newest obsession), and  Caesar salad. Dave did an amazing job of cooking.

Outside

Much to Dave's consternation, my solar light obsession is only growing. I moved all our strings of lights from last year to the cedar hedge and I have bought four new strings for our tree. I can't wait to sit outside, under the lights, on hot summer nights!!! For now, I'll just enjoy them from our playroom :)

Starts with T 

 

I asked Rachel if I could take a picture of her in her tutu for "starts with 'T.'" We decided this picture is also unintentionally a little scary so we've titled it The Terrifying Tutu!!!

Where You Are Now?

Well, on Sunday I finally got to be "in the room where it happens" when we went to see Hamilton!!! This was my birthday experience this year and I loved it!!! (For those of you who don't know, rather than giving each other gifts, Dave and I find birthday experiences for each other.)

Choose Anything – monthly (same vantage point)

 

Our dining room in May. This was a few nights ago with the table set for Tim, Janice, and Tessa joining us for birthday cake. You can also see our ice maker in the background (on the Hoosier cabinet) and my birthday flowers sitting on the table.

*week 69 of Lysha's challenge prompts. See her post here.

6 comments:

  1. Oh My GOSH Hamilton!!! Hope you LOVED it- so lucky!! Your plate looks so healthy and delish too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool you got to see Hamilton! Also I didn't realize that you eat fish, the dinner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plate looks delish! Love the terrifying tutu pic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to see Hamilton!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birthday dinner looks so delicious, I love salmon yum! And I also love solar lights. I have some in our small courtyard and they look so pretty at night. I nearly went to see Hamilton a couple of years ago but it got cancelled due to covid and then we never got tickets again. We just watched it on Disney Plus. Much cheaper but I'm sure it was nowhere near as good as seeing it live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sweet potato fries and solar lights, too. High five. And that Earl Grey salmon sounds interesting and looks delicious. My sister was telling me yesterday about soaking chicken (which is what I thought your salmon was at first) in milk for a few hours and then cooking it in the air fryer. Sounds so easy. She said it was delish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)