Tuesday, May 23, 2023

I Spy 2023: Week 20

Yesterday was a holiday Monday here in Canada (Victoria Day) so we've just enjoyed a three day long weekend. Victoria Day, also known as May 2-4, is considered the first long weekend of summer. At this point now, I'm just counting down the days until we're done school (26 more days) and until I'm done work (another three days after that). Until then, it's time for another week of "I Spy." This is a "spring is definitely here" version of "I Spy!"

Let's Play iSpy 2022

hidden

You may have seen this when I posted on Instagram, but "hidden" in these shortbread cookies are dandelion petals. They were very good and I look forward to making them again next spring.

brick

 

I almost used this photo for "hidden" but I'd already planned the dandelion one. However, I really like the way our "brick" looks in early spring, peeking out behind the ivy.

mixed up

 

For supper last night, I "mixed up" a ton of veggies to be grilled -- zucchini, onions, peppers, and mushrooms -- and it was delicious!

selfie mode – take a picture with your phone in selfie mode

(doesn’t need to be an actual selfie!)

I decided to use "selfie mode" to take a picture of my ice cream (wreath of roses and raspberry-lemon) in front of the flowers outside the ice cream shop yesterday. I thought this picture turned out okay.

your choice

I don't always love hot dogs, but at a baseball game, a hot dog is almost always "my choice."

*week 72 of Lysha's challenge prompts. See her post here.

4 comments:

  1. Ok this post is making me so hungry- ha! Those cookies sound intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you share the recipe for the cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hidden photos! Perfect

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)