Thursday, March 30, 2023

Monthly Musings: Essential Spring Fashion Pieces

I'm so glad that Holly at Pink Lady and Patty at Good, Better, Best are so lovely and welcoming for their Monthly Musings because these fashion ones are not my strong suit! However, I love all things SPRING so I'm joining in anyways :)


1) How do you transition your wardrobe?
 
Honestly, I stop wearing socks! Hahaha! I really do try and ditch my socks as soon as possible once the weather warms up at all. I also realized that when I started working as a school secretary a few years ago, I ended up buying a bunch of floral tops. I have decided I need to either wear them or donate them. So maybe this spring, you will see me wearing them -- with a cardigan for some extra warmth.

2) Favourite spring item?
 
I don't know that I have one. I do love wearing my sweat capris with a bunnyhug ("hoodie" for you non-Saskatchewan people) when I get home. My legs don't often get cold so I am pretty happy in that outfit for casual wear.
I thought I was wearing my capris in this picture but it turns out I was wearing yoga pants but notice, comfy bunnyhug and a lack of socks!

3) Favourite spring footwear?
 
 
Even though I got them in the fall, I love my Converse shoes. I have often had a knock off pair to wear but in the fall, I bought the real things. I'd love to get another pair in a really fun colour -- aqua or bright green or something...

4) Favourite colours you wear in the spring?
 
Anything light and bright. I'm done with blacks and greys and browns. Bring on the light blues and the reds and the lighter colours. I feel like this sweater gives me spring vibes. Maybe it just gives me nautical vibes but who wants to be on a boat in winter?!?!?

5) Favourite spring accessory?
 
Ummm... my sunglasses. Although I do have a bracelet stack made by a youth I know which I love to wear with t-shirts. That might be more of a later spring/early summer thing though.

6) Ways to add spring to your outfit even when the weather doesn't cooperate?
 
I don't know. I'll have to check out all your answers for this one :) 

I do love when I can pull out my lighter spring jacket, even if I have to bundle up underneath it. It's just so much nicer than my winter jacket. And if I can, I wear fun shoes too instead of my winter boots.

7) Do you change up your makeup routine in the spring?
 
Since I don't wear make up, ever, then no, I don't change my routine! I continue to not wear make up - HAHAHAHAHA!!!

8) Puff sleeve trend... yes or no?

NO. Puffed sleeves remind me of Anne from Anne of Green Gables. I don't need them in my life!

9) Do you change up your mani/pedi colours in the spring?
 
 Although I haven't worn make up in years, my toes are always painted. I do like going for light blues or greens or pinks in the spring. Winter is for the bright colours and spring is for lighter colours. I really like Essie nail polish.
 
bikini so teeny-essie-nail colour-01-Essie turquoise & caicos-essie-nail colour-01-Essie pretty in pink-essie-nail colour-01-Essie

10) Recommend your favourite spring handbag/tote.

Again, I am so boring. I never change my bags. The one I have right now, my best friend, Janice, crocheted me for my birthday a couple of years ago. I carry it all the time and love it.
This is the best picture I have of it. It's got a green strap and I just love all the colours in it. The colours are actually pretty perfect for spring.

I think I've warned you before, I am not a fashion blogger. I don't often get super excited about clothes or fashion and I tend to wear the same things over and over again. So while I do love the Monthly Musings linkups, I fully admit the fashion ones are not my strong suit! However, I do love this blogging community and I look forward to reading all of your blogs and maybe finding some great tips!

Happy Thursday -- only one more day until the weekend. We've got this!

10 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful bag! I can't wait to ditch the socks either... once the nice weather hits I pretty much wear flip flops everywhere all spring, summer, and even part of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your answers. I like the cute crocheted handbag your friend made you. Happy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you joined us even if it means leaving your comfort zone! I chuckled at not wearing socks- I seriously hate wearing socks so that is one of my favorite things about spring and summer fashion too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you. Fashion isn't my thing at all! I used to wear converse all the time, now they hurt my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too struggle with these fashion inspired link-ups! Love the Anne of Green Gables reference, how many times did you watch the CBC production of Anne starring Megan Follows! I had it taped so I watched it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bunnyhug - I love that!! I need to get a new pair of converse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for the weather to warm up here so I can ditch my socks! Love those pretty polish colors for spring!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natasha,

    The fact that you taught me the term "bunny hug" for a hoodie is exactly why we need you for this link up. We love having you part of Monthly Musings!

    Patty
    Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of bunny hug for hoodies. We call stocking caps toboggans. I wear no makeup ever too. I wear a uniform for work, so my fashion is absolutely none. The bag I carry to work I call my lunch bag because it has my food & water for the day. You did good on this post. It was a good read. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. My niece is a red converse girl. I enjoyed reading this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)