Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Where'd You Go, Natasha?

Ummmm... nowhere. Okay, I guess that's not a great answer but seriously when even my mom is sending me e-mails saying, "Haven't seen a blog for several days, hoping you are all ok" I know it's time to blog! Yesterday I actually had a chance to upload pictures from the camera so now I have all these posts I want to share with you including my belated Project 364 post (which I was supposed to post on Sunday and which will probably appear later today), a fun night at Sam's school, some changes which happened while we were gone, and some other random things.

However, the past few days other things have kept me from blogging. I was in Rachel's classroom on Thursday afternoon and we (meaning "I") biked to the preschool and back for the first time this year. And I got bike grease all over my jeans. Awesome.
Oh Target -- I still love you.
And also, Sam was disappointed that he couldn't actually
 get this "ball" to move, even with Rachel's help!

Tim, Janice, Tessa and Willem came over for a quick supper and hang out time on Thursday (and now we may not see them for almost three weeks -- boo), and then we headed off to Sam's school for the evening (a blog post about that coming soon).

On Friday, Dave had an appointment with his surgeon about his hand. He now gets to wear his splint for a week with his wrist in the "neutral position" and gets to take it off multiple times a day to do exercises. He still has to wear it the rest of the time which means I am the sole dishwasher and kid bather. Sadly, the total time we were at the hospital was over five hours. Thankfully we had patient babysitters for Rachel and good books to read. However, I would have preferred to spend my time doing other things. Then we ran a few quick errands after we picked Sam up from school and then I headed to my friend Kristen's house to say good-bye to Sarah who is moving to Prince Edward Island (of Anne Of Green Gables fame) in May.

On Saturday I volunteered at a fundraiser for the preschool for six and a half hours. Outside. And it was freezing cold. It took me the rest of the day to warm up. And Dave's parents came for supper on Saturday night. Thankfully they bathed the kids and got them to bed. I was so grateful for the help.
Mother Of The Year Award:
Yesterday's "lunch" was really just Costco samples, 
because I am just that awesome.

On Sunday we had church and then we took Sam to The LEGO Store so he could race cars. I took some hilarious pictures of Rachel waiting for her lunch, one of which you might just see in my Project 364 post on Sunday :)

Sunday afternoon I did three loads of laundry, hung them out, did dishes, baked cupcakes with the kids, lost all my energy, ordered pizza for supper, and then hosted my book club. We had read "Where'd You Go Bernadette?" which is a great book and generated some good discussion.

Yesterday, Sam wanted to stay home from school so we went to playgroup at church, and then Target, Costco and Zehrs. Then I came home and did more laundry and finally had a chance to sit at the computer with my camera. This explains all the random pictures in today's post, which are from yesterday and are mostly to reassure my mom that we're still alive and kicking in case my e-mail didn't accomplish that task! "Hi Mom! Sam and Rachel miss you. So do I."
Sam, post-marinara sauce on pasta sample.
Last night I had a job interview. If I get the job I will say more about it. The timing is not quite perfect (as Rachel will still be home next year) but it's not a huge time commitment and I can work from home on my own schedule so I decided to try for it.

And then I finally got a chance to catch up on some blogging -- both reading all your blogs (I'm only about four or five days behind now! Whoo hoo!!!) and writing this post. I'm still pretty tired and wanting more sleep than the kids allow. Thanks Mom and Dad for getting them on a "We now wake up at 6:30 schedule!!! And we want breakfast RIGHT NOW." Yawn.

So that's where I've been and what I've been up to and why the blog has been kind of quiet these past few days. This week is supposed to be cold and rainy so hunkering down with the computer and writing some more posts has a lot of appeal, especially if I have a mochaccino to warm me up. And keep me awake.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha my parents regularly took us to Sam's for 'lunch' as kids...I turned out just fine, so I say keep up the lunchtime Costco-ing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know that you are doing good! I get in trouble with my family too if I go too long without blogging. =) I'll be able to serve my kiddos a sample lunch from Costco soon. There are plans to build one in Tulsa. I can't wait to hear more about your job opportunity. Again, I'm glad to know that you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit even I was worried - although I figured you're catching up from your trip! And seriously one of my favourite things as a kid was going to costco for samples - no guilt needed! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love going to Costco for samples! And it's such a great way to get the kids to eat a variety of food!

      Delete
  4. Costco samples are great! Wonder why moms suddenly poop out? I am sure it has NOTHING to do with kiddos! :) Once they are in bed I cannot do anything but stare at a computer or tv...and 6:30 wake-up??? bleh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I don't think any family of mine notice if I go days without posting since as far as I know, they don't read mine. Sigh. I guess they don't care to know much about the happenings of our lives. I figure that is their loss. I am glad you are doing well and getting caught up on life. My kiddos love the Target balls too! They sit on them and slide off them like slides. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)