Sunday, April 20, 2014

Project 364: Days 102 Through 108

April 13, 2014 -- Today was a travel day from Peka Peka to Taupo. The only picture I took all day was of the scenery outside of Taupo.
April 14, 2014 -- The coffee names in this country are confusing. 'Flat White,' 'Short Black,'... where's just a 'regular coffee'??? After two weeks, Dave eventually figured out the 'Flat White' was the closest thing.
April 15, 2014 -- After our tour of Hobbiton, Dave enjoyed a very hearty "second breakfast" at The Shire's Rest.
April 16, 2014 -- A view of Auckland with one of its volcanic craters in the foreground.
April 17, 2014 --On this, one of the longest days I've ever experienced, we finally got to see the Southern Cross. First, Donny saw it, then Marika, then Dave!
April 18, 2014 -- Cuddling with these two was so sweet after over two weeks away :)
 April 19, 2014 -- Some people plant their amaryllis so it blooms in January, ours bloomed just in time for Easter.

4 comments:

  1. What a great week and a great trip! So glad ya'll had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo- I learned about the Southern Cross WAAAAAYYYYYY back in college where I somehow took an Astronomy class...forgot about that until now. Flowers in the house just brighten my mood! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being home safely and snuggling with the babies! I can't even imagine how hard it was being away although you are so lucky to have someone you trust to take good care of them. Sadly, we don't have that so we won't be taking any long trips without the kiddos for a long time. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)