Sunday, April 06, 2014

More Pictures (Than You Ever Wanted To See) Of New Zealand

Hello All! I am finally at a place where I can upload some more pictures so I'm going to post some of the pictures from the past few days I haven't been able to share with you yet. Let's go back to Friday, shall we?
This is Fiji from the plane. I thought it was kind of cool to see bits and pieces of this country which I had never really thought much about before.
One of our first glimpses of New Zealand, from the plane of course :)
After thirty-some odd hours of travel, we were thrilled to hang out in this park at the Auckland airport.
After thirty-some odd months of winter, I was thrilled to put on flipflops and to wear just a t-shirt outside. (Okay, maybe it hasn't quite been thirty-some odd months of winter, but it sure has been a long one!)
Dave's first taste of Middle Earth! 
Our first bed and breakfast (B&B) was really quite nice. I especially liked the teapot napkin ring.
The Christchurch Farmer's Market was situated on the banks of the Avon River. And here I am enjoying my first (but not my last!) Hummingbird Coffee Cafe Mocha!
There are still signs about the February 2011 Christchurch earthquake everywhere. We had been thinking of eating lunch at the Botanical Gardens Cafe but sadly, it was closed.
I took just a few (too many???) pictures of the flowers at the Botanical Gardens.
Getting ready to go punting on the Avon! I even wore my "punting pants." They have anchors on them :)
A closed shopping mall, due to the earthquake, and the RE:Start shopping mall across the street. The RE:Start Mall is all housed in shipping containers.
More pictures from the Botanical Gardens, this time featuring mainly the trees, which Dave was really intrigued by.

I hope you enjoyed getting a few (a lot!) more glimpses of New Zealand and of our trip thus far. Today, Sunday, we went to the Cardboard Cathedral in Christchurch, toured the New Zealand section of the Botanical Gardens, and drove the scenic, hilly, narrow highway north to Kaikoura. However, it is the late hour of 8:20 pm and I am exhausted so I will write about that later. Until then, good night! Or good morning, whatever time it may be for you :)

6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS flowers - and such a beautiful place! It's sunny here, but you can't accuse today of being warm, so happily jealous of your weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to go from the chill of early Spring to the warmth of New Zealand. I LOVED it!

      Delete
  2. More! More! I want to see (and hear) more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I fill you in enough with all my posts or is there still MORE you want to see/hear?!?! :)

      Delete
  3. I can just feel the warmth of this beautiful place in your pictures. You know how you feel when you see pictures of warm, tropical places? It is nice rainy day here so these pictures just warmed me up on the inside and made me happy! Yep, I am living vicariously through you right now! :-) Oh and you can sneak me some of those gorgeous hydrangea blossoms. ;-) Oh and tell Dave he really looked like a little hobbit in front of that giant Middle Earth statue! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the flowers are so pretty! I love the tree that Dave is standing by! It's so full!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)