Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Currently: June 2024

It's the first Wednesday of the month and time to link up with Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness for her "Currently" post. You can find Jennifer here.

[loving]

Sam really wanted to see The Jays play when they were wearing their new City Connect jerseys for the first time so we bought tickets. I wasn't sure about the jerseys at first but, as I've learned more about them, I'm "loving" them. The jerseys have so many details which connect to both Toronto at night, Canada, and the Jays. I was also "loving" the new Night Mode cocktail which was activated charcoal vodka and lemonade. Yum!

[looking forward to]

Well last July for my "10 on the 10th" post I wrote about my mom's lilies in Saskatchewan. (Read it here.) Then in November, I wrote about planting the lily bulbs my mom sent me from Saskatchewan. (Read the post here.) With this post, I'm "looking forward to" seeing the lilies bloom!!! Look at those buds!!! You might need to click on the picture to enlarge them to see the buds, but they are there! Whooo hoooo!!!

[enjoying]

This past weekend we spent Friday night and Saturday in Toronto. We walked around on Saturday morning (more on that below) and Rachel noticed a French bakery. We stopped there for lunch and I was really "enjoying" my veggie sandwich and the raspberry tart. I took a picture of where the bakery was located so I can go back because it was so good!!! I told Dave that if we lived closer I'd want to go every week!

[seeing]

I have been on the hunt for local art these past two weekends and I love "seeing" all the art there is to discover. Two weekends ago I did an art walk in our downtown. I loved "seeing" my co-worker's art especially!

I also enjoyed these pieces. Since our downtown produced a booklet highlighting all the art in our downtown, I know I will be taking more walks and "seeing" more art soon! Yay!!!
And then this past weekend, my co-worker was showing her art at a neighbourhood art show in Toronto so we walked there from our hotel. We were "seeing" a ton of art along the way too. It was so cool to discover these hidden (and not so hidden) gems!

[lounging around in]

I'm sure this is not what Jennifer meant, but I've been "lounging around in" our backyard! Hahaha! My favourite thing to do right now is drink coffee-hot chocolate (or an alcoholic beverage!) outside with Dave at our back table. Sadly, we've had too much on the go (or it's been rainy) so we haven't done as much of this as I would like. However, I'm looking forward to more of this coming soon!
And when I haven't been "lounging around in" our back yard, I've been digging new beds and planting hostas! Which is pretty much the complete opposite of "lounging." Hahaha! Our friend needed a bunch of hostas dug up and gave them to us. We dug a new bed for our across the street neighbour and planted most of the hostas there. Then on Sunday afternoon, I dug along the side of our house where the grass has never grown well (and is hard to mow), and dumped the rest in there. Now to see how they'll do... And eventually, I want to dig the rest of the way along the house, divide some of the big hostas from the front, and fill the bed with them. Did I mention I haven't been doing as much "lounging around" as I've wanted?!?!?!
So that's what's been up with us "currently" -- a lot of gardening, a lot of local art finding, and some baseball! It's been good!

6 comments:

  1. I love all of that art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the lilies? So exciting- they look like they are coming in nicely and your lunch at the French cafe looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new blooms! I can't wait to see what varieties of lilies you have. That bakery looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toronto is such a cool city. And that raspberry tart has my mouth watering for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't even heard of the Jays and their City Connect jerseys so I looked it up and I like them! Love that oversize art - how fun! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)