Monday, April 08, 2024

Share Our Lives: Favourite Hair And Make Up Products (Sort Of!)

I'm linking up today with the Share Our Lives bloggers. They are Sarah, Dara, Joanne, Adrienne, and Jen. (Click on each name to go their blogs.) We are talking about our favourite hair & make up products. But I don't wear make up and I don't use any hair products (other than shampoo and conditioner) so instead I'm going to show you my favourite toiletries. Hopefully the Share Our Lives bloggers will forgive me for "expanding" this topic, as it were :)

My hair and skincare routine is either a) very easy or b) non-existent! Hahaha! I wash my face every morning with a washcloth and cold water. That's it. Since I don't wear make up, I don't need to wash my face at night. I mean, maybe I should, but I don't. Also, I feel like I'm low maintenance but, when we go to Europe, I have to pack a washcloth because they don't have them there. It's a little ridiculous that it is an essential item to me, but it really is!

My hair washing routine is that I shower every other day and wash my hair and condition it. Then I towel dry it and comb it. That's it. I don't use a hair dryer. I don't use mousse. I don't even use a specific shampoo and conditioner. Right now I'm using a colour treated shampoo to try and maintain my highlights a little longer. After it's gone, I'll go back to using what ever is cheapest or sounds most interesting without being too expensive.

In terms of other "products" I use, they are the following:

We've each had our own shower scrub for a few years now. We all use a different Softsoap Body Wash. My favourite one has honey and lavender. I've probably been using this body wash for about three or four years now.
The thing I am most vain about is wearing my contacts. I wear them almost every day. My contact solution is probably the third most important toiletry I use, after toothpaste and my lip balm.
I started using Tom's of Maine natural toothpaste in 2000. It has a very strong taste which took some getting used to, but now I can't use any other type of toothpaste. Other toothpastes taste too sweet to me. When I go to the dentist, they have to use a non-flavoured pumice powder to clean my teeth because I can't handle the minty gel they would use otherwise.
Even though I don't use any hair or makeup products, I do paint my toenails. They are always polished. I do it myself at home, usually while blogging, watching a Blue Jays game, or a Hallmark movie! Hahaha! I've loved the Essie brand ever since I discovered it about five years ago. I introduced Rachel to Essie too and some of these colours are hers. I didn't realize we had so much nail polish until I put it all out for this picture :)
My mom introduced me to Carmex in 1990 when I was in Grade 12. If I wear this continuously, I get fewer cold sores. I have containers of Carmex all over the place -- on my nightstand, at work, in my purse, on our main floor -- I usually have about four on the go at once. And I use it a lot. This might actually beat out toothpaste for my favourite toiletry :)

So that's it. Those are all the products I use. Except for nail polish (and toothpaste!), I feel like I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to products. Just don't take away my Carmex :)

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with us to share your favourite products. I also am in the habit of bringing a face cloth with me when travelling. I have a soft one that is nicer on my skin than some of the ones offered by hotels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this post and it's too bad that you have to bring a wash cloth for your trip to Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Essie polish. I should do my toenails soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Essie has soooo many great colors don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your polish colors! I try to keep my nails and toenails painted (though I don't bother with toenail polish in winter).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your essie collection is amazing!! I keep it really simple too! I dry and straighten my hair only bc I have lovely Jewish crazy hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just use water to wash my face and don't really have a skincare routine and it works well for me. I love your nail polish collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carmex! I hadn't thought about that in years. My mom always used to have one in her purse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My lip balm brand is Burt's Bees Wax and it's EVERYWHERE too. I can't survive without it. I love the rainbow lineup of the nail polishes. I love having my nails painted too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading what you use, Natasha! I used to love Carmex as well, but it started making my lips become chapped. These days I just use plain old Vaseline. I go through phases where I have to change it up a lot, though. I am a nail polish girl too, but my go-to brand was always OPI. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)