Friday, April 05, 2024

Friday Favourite Moments #14

I'm doing a bit of a different take on my Friday Favourite Moments this week. Normally, I pick a few favourite moments from the week but we spent Easter weekend with our best friends at their house in Virginia and, after a packed weekend of fun with them, and twenty hours of driving, I've been working, doing laundry, and sleeping this week. The only other exciting thing I've done is met Sam's teachers for this semester, which happened last night.

So instead of sharing favourite moments from the week, I'm going to share my (many) favourite moments from our weekend. Our best friends live in our city but Tim's parents live in Virginia and Janice's family is from there. They both went to college there and travel there fairly regularly. After Covid lockdowns ended, they built a house on some property in Virginia so they have the option to spend more time down there with family. And this was our first time to go see it.

We were so happy to be out of the car and at Tim and Janice's!
It was lovely to go for a walk around their property and see their space.
Willem introduced us to disc golf and we enjoyed an evening of practising!
Sam turned FIFTEEN on Saturday and we started the celebrations with brunch.
I loved the glimpse of spring we enjoyed this past weekend.
Did I mention this kid is now fifteen?!?!?!?!?

An enjoyable afternoon of disc golf on Willem's college campus and a lot of laughter!!!
So happy to get back to the Book Fair! See this post here for our first Book Fair visit :)
Italian doughnuts with chocolate dipping sauce instead of a birthday cake for Sam.
We coloured Easter Eggs and the kids got Easter baskets.
Easter photo after church on Sunday.

 
Willem had been talking all weekend about a hike to a reservoir he had done with friends in the fall. I was super excited to do it, even though Janice warned us there was a "sketchy bridge crossing." Well, to me, that made it sound even more fun!!! And yes, the hike was gorgeous. And yes, the bridge was sketchy. And yes, there was more water in the spring than Willem remembered from the fall. And yes, Janice skipped the bridge after the first crossing and waded through the water instead! But yes, it was absolutely worth it!!! 
We enjoyed all our favourite US stops -- Target and Panera Bread! And we brought home a baker's dozen of cinnamon crunch bagels. Yum! Yum! Yum!
 
So those were my favourite moments from the weekend. This coming weekend looks nice and sunny, and somewhat warm, so I'll be spending lots of time in one of my favourite places -- our back yard! Whoo hoo!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's so nice you have such great friends to visit! Those Easter eggs are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a picture of that bridge!! I hate sketchy bridges, I would have been wading in the water too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See the log Rachel is walking across with the very thin rope on one side and the steps nailed on? The steps, by the way, were not very stable so we ignored them! That's the "sketchy bridge"! As in, "there is no real bridge."

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)