Thursday, April 11, 2024

10 On The 10th: April 2024

I am deciding that April is one of my favourite months -- baseball is back, outside laundry hanging is back, spring flowers are back, the weather can be really great (sunny, but not too hot) and best of all, my spring allergies haven't hit yet!!! Yesterday was the 10th of the month so here are 10 pictures from my pretty perfect April 10th :)

I hung a load of laundry on the line while drinking my first cup of coffee-hot chocolate. It's not quite warm enough yet to just sit out for my morning coffee, but we're getting there!
It was a PD day for me and the kids. Normally, I'd have to be at work but I took the day off to get a bunch of appointments done. This post could also be titled, "The Day I Was Thankful For Good Health Care Coverage"! Rachel and I were out early to get to optometrist appointments. We tried a selfie but the sun was too bright so instead, here's a picture of our shadows on my favourite path :)
Rachel enjoyed posing with the large glasses outside our optometrist's office. She's getting new glasses and is very excited about them!
I bribed Rachel to walk to our appointments by telling her we could stop at Starbucks. I had a Medicine Ball for the first time and it was so good! I will definitely be getting that again. Yum!!!
Back hanging another load of laundry before walking Rachel to another appointment. At that one, I sat on the steps in the sun and read.
I'm delayed in getting our family calendar done for April but it finally happened yesterday afternoon while I was boiling eggs and potatoes for supper. So glad to have this off my plate. (And yes, I realize it's only partially done here. I didn't want to blast all our activities all over the internet! Hahahaha!)
Sam had an optometrist appointment in the afternoon so we stopped by the library to pick up some really great books!!! I can't wait to dive into these! Sam is giving a thumb's down because he's a teenager. I also booked him an afternoon appointment, again, because he's a teenager.
And yes, I also bribed Sam to walk to his appointment with a Starbucks stop. And yes, I had two Starbucks drinks in one day, this time a caramel frappe.
Then we all made salads for supper and had the first BBQ of the season! YAY!!! Dave is grilling sausage here.
This is one of my favourite spring suppers -- BBQ sausage, potato salad (with chives we grew in our yard!!!), and chickpea salad. Sooooo goood!!!

And that was my April 10th -- a lot of appointments, Starbucks, and yummy food!

4 comments:

  1. I love all of these things- you are giving me spring fever- that dinner sounds and looks just delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful day! We pulled out our deck furniture and I got to sit outside in the sun twice this week... that sure felt spring-like!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)