Monday, April 22, 2024

Friday Favourite Moments #16 (On A Monday)

I'm currently enjoying the perfect Sunday. We have very little on the schedule so I am doing a little house cleaning, a little organizing, a little blogging, and a lot of "getting things done" all while I drink tea in my pajamas! Did I mention it's the perfect Sunday?!? Plus, I didn't have to set an alarm this morning which just makes it all better.

Below are my Friday Favourite Moments for last week.

1) Baked good from a co-worker
A few of us had an unofficial bet going about a student at work and I won! Sometimes you have to find the fun in frustrating situations and, in this care, I happened to guess right. So my co-worker baked me cranberry scones which absolutely made my morning. They were soooo good!
 
2) Readathon weekend
It's been awhile since I've done a readathon, and I only found out about this one about four days before it happened, but I read all day last Saturday and it was the best thing I could have done. I read three books, we had charcuterie for supper, and the kids even joined me in a "walking and reading" picture. I will write more about the readathon later, but it was definitely a favourite moment in my week.
3) Sam's school trip
Sam was actually gone for three days last week on a school trip. While I didn't love having to drop him off at school at 7:00am on a Sunday, I loved that he had so much fun! His class went to Point Pelee National Park in southern Ontario and they slept in yurts. It was a geography trip and Sam was in a yurt with three of his closest friends. I'm so glad he had such a good time, even if he did sleep for sixteen hours straight when he got home!
 
Another favourite moment from the week was when Sam came home and I got to hug him again!
 
4) Pansy planters

On Sunday morning I helped hand out pansies for the dance fundraiser. I got a hanging basket and a pot for myself. I am so happy with my pansies!!! And having our pot of pansies on our outdoor table makes it feel like spring is actually here! (Even if I am bringing them in every other night due to the threat of snow. Argh.)

5) Rachel baked biscuits

I made a big pot of soup last Monday and Rachel independently baked biscuits to go with them. She was happy to do this and I was happy to enjoy warm, buttery biscuits with our soup. Win-win!

6) Taxes are finished!!!

   There is no picture to go with this one but Dave and I did our taxes on Thursday night. It always hangs over our head, and then they're usually really easy to do. And we got a refund which is really great!!!

So those were my favourite moments from last week. There's a lot going on this week in blog world so I'll see you back here again tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! The pansies already look amazing- how do you do that? Soup and biscuits sounds like the perfect meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I read so much I still couldn't read that much in 1 day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for tax submission!! Hahah. Well done Rachel to make those biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biscuits and scones? You've been spoiled this week! Sam's trip sounds like so much fun and your flowers are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)