Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Currently: April 2023

It's time for another round of "Currently" with Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness. Before I get into the heart of my post, can I ask for your prayers? The parent of two of the students who attend the school where I work was killed suddenly yesterday morning. I did not know the parent but I am so sad for the family and for how it will affect our students. Please pray for the family and for our school staff as we support both this family, and other students who may be impacted by this loss. Thank you.

Before I found out about the news yesterday, I was pretty excited about spring this month, even if spring isn't super committed to sticking around with any consistency these days. So in the strange way that life brings both joy and sorrow, I am celebrating spring, while recognizing that not everyone may be in this space.

[loving]

I am "loving" that baseball is back!!! Honestly, though, I am not loving the start that my Jays have gotten off to.

Our TV announcers on Opening Day

[hoping]

I'm really "hoping" that I can plant pansies soon! I've been holding off because it had been a little cold and snowy but I might not be able to hold back on buying some this weekend. We've had a lot of "above freezing" days in a row now.

Pansies from springs past...

[playing]

We've been "playing" outside!!! We bought Sam a soccer net and the kids have been out there every evening kicking the ball around. They haven't played together in awhile so I'm so happy they've found a way to interact, together, outside, and off screens! Win-win-win!

[needing]

I'm really "needing" the four day weekend we have coming up. We have very few plans and I'm excited about getting lots of sleep, getting some house stuff done, and maybe enjoying the first BBQ of the season. Plus, Passover starts tonight, and Easter is this weekend, so we've got a lot of holidays to celebrate over the next few days. 

[feeling]

Well, as I said above, I am feeling a mix of emotions. Before yesterday morning, I was solely "feeling" more than ready for spring -- ready for spring flowers, more time outside, longer evenings, warmer days, and getting ready to hang laundry outside.

But I'm also currently "feeling" a lot of sadness for the family I mentioned above and for our students as they process the loss of their friends' parent.

Thank you for reading today and thank you for holding the family I mentioned, and our school community, in your prayers over the coming days. 

11 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about the death of a parent in your school community and will be praying for the kids and for the rest of you! We had a similar situation a few weeks ago, and one of the students in my group lost her dad to terminal illness. Even though it was expected, I know it didn't make it any easier. That's so hard to watch kids go through! On a lighter note, I am so glad you joined us for the Currently link up today. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will say a prayer for that family for sure. I can't wait to plant too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about the loss in your community! Hope you have lovely holidays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping your school family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad about the student at your school losing a parent. Prayers for that family. I love your pansies. They are one of my very favorite kind of flowers. Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so sad! I am hopeful to be able to get some flowers planted soon too and am looking so forward to April vacation (we get all of next week off!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about your community's loss. Soccer is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for the loss. Love your kids are outside playing together. That's always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of the parent. That's such a sad situation. I hope you are able to find some joy in spring, soccer, and new flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for the student and family, and all those affected by this sudden tragic loss. I do hope you are enjoying your weekend though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayed for the family. I hope you get to plant your flowers soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)