Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Other Things To Deal With

I wish I had time to blog right now but unfortunately, I don't. I have a few other things to deal with before I can get back to regular blogging again. Like the top of my dresser, because I don't think it's a great home for the hammer, screwdriver and electric drill. Nor do I want those boxes taking up permanent residence in front of my dresser.
And our laundry room could use some attention too. Since it rained (or threatened to) all day yesterday, I couldn't hang things on the line so I focused on other things, as you might be able to tell.
I wish I could say the playroom hasn't had any attention but I have to admit, it is suffering from too much attention! Ha ha ha!!! Thankfully, I don't really have to deal with this mess which is why I love having a dedicated playroom for the kids.
 
Not only am I not in a great mental space to blog, I don't really have a great physical space to blog right now either. My little corner of the office will probably get my focus after Sam's room, Rachel's room and our kitchen are a bit more settled.
Thankfully Janice, Tessa and Willem came over yesterday afternoon to help out. Janice brought some new organizing energy (including a new layout for Rachel's room which I LOVE!!!) and Tessa and Willem entertained Sam and Rachel. And after they left, Sam-In-The-Box amused Rachel with a concert while I continued to "settle in."
 
It takes a lot of work to make a house a home, and while we are getting there (S-L-O-W-L-Y), we aren't quite there yet. Thankfully Tessa is coming over again this afternoon so I have another dedicated block of time to chip away at some things. Yay! Maybe I'll even get to unearth my desk. Maybe...

4 comments:

  1. Ugh...I hate unpacking moves. Blargh. But I love Sam-in-a-box...I would be entertained, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are doing great. I am so amazed by all the progress you've already made but know it is a slog to get through the process. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely needed this update just to know everyone is okay. I know the moving process is crazy...especially with kids. Thankfully, you should never have to do it again...unless you want to of course! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! Moving is such a process! Hopefully, it won't be much longer until you are all settled in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)