Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mission Accomplished?!?!

I have been really tired for the past month or so. And I'm blaming it on the alligators. For awhile it was tigers, but now it's really the alligators' fault. You see, every night for about the past month, Sam has been waking up sometime between 2 and 5:30ish, and coming into our room. He shuts his door first, which is what wakes me up, and then there is a little face on one side of our bed (he doesn't seem to have a preference for Dave or I; it's just random), and Sam says, "There are alligators in my room." Depending on the time we have either been letting him crawl into bed with us or taking him back to his room and sitting in his rocking chair for ten to twenty minutes until Sam falls asleep.

But I am tired. So last night I put my foot down. I said, "Sam, you cannot come into our room tonight. Mommy is so tired and you need to figure out how to deal with alligators on your own." I suggested setting up a guard of stuffed animals near the door so they wouldn't come in, a guard on his bed so they could only stay on the floor, etc. Dave suggested a "No Alligators" sign and Sam was all over that one. So he and Dave made the above sign. Sam added the smiley face so the alligators knew it was a happy thing that they weren't allowed.

So this morning we woke up and Sam was sleeping in the hallway outside our door. He said, "The alligators stayed out but I just wanted to be not in my bed." sigh. We didn't get woken up in the night but I'm not sure our problem is solved.

Oh, and did I mention that Rachel woke up crying at 1am this morning so we didn't get to sleep through anyways? If only we could figure out what is visiting her room at night and disturbing our her sleep.

5 comments:

  1. Haa!! That sign is too cute! I had no ideas alligators were such a problem up in Canada...in December...!! :) Glad you solved that one...hopefully Sam will want to stay in his bed sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that is too cute about the alligators! Evan has never had any nighttime "fears" to overcome. I am happy about that but it does make me envious of cute memories like these. Brody has been disturbing our sleep several times a night waking up coughing. He isn't sick, but he just seems to be bothered by the hot dry air from the central heating system. Don't know how to fix the problem yet. Lots and lots of humidifiers probably which are not cheap! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious, but you poor thing! We are struggling with sleep issues as well, and I find myself really wishing she could tell us what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, this one really is my all-time favorite post! So cute!

    Our little one has decided to quit sleeping through the night recently, and I'm not sure what is going on.... : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the post! And it is so frustrating when kids STOP sleeping through the night. Especially if they've been sleeping through for awhile. I hope L's sleep gets better soon.

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)