Monday, January 29, 2024

Friday Favourite Moments #4 (On A Monday)

This was supposed to be a post for this past Friday but unfortunately, I had to take Rachel to the ER on Thursday night. We spent six hours waiting for her to get seen and, by the time I got home, I'd been up for 24 hours and needed sleep. Rachel is okay but has a viral bronchial infection which is causing her to cough if she's awake. Sadly, it could take 4-6 weeks for her cough to completely clear up, but thankfully, she's not contagious. So with that explanation, on with my favourite moments from this past week...

I'm so glad I started documenting these moments as it helps me to look out for little things in my week to be thankful for.

1) Sunrise

While I sometimes wish I could just stay home and enjoy a slow morning, especially in winter, the sunrise on Monday was glorious!

2) Random Candyland display

We had to go for an appointment and the foyer of the building we were in had a Candyland display set up. We had some time to kill so enjoyed playing Candyland (through an app) and taking pictures of the installation. It was a fun little bit of randomness in our afternoon.

 

 3) Trying to enjoy winter

The snowfall we got earlier this week was beautiful. It was one of those perfect, fat flakes of snow falling, snow piling up in lovely ways, winter snowfall.

 
4) Snowman plate from Janice
 
Janice bought these and didn't need them so passed on a few of these snowman plates to us. I use them for my afternoon snack after work and they just make me so happy. It's fun to have something a little festive in January!

5) Ice Chipping

While we were at Winter Retreat, we ended up with a lot of ice on our back step. We've been dealing with it for about two weeks but I was thrilled this past week that it got warm enough one day that I could chip all the ice off of it. It's so much less treacherous going out our back door now! This is really just a little thing that makes a huge difference.

 
So those were my favourite moments from last week.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your ER trip! Zachary had a never ending cough in the fall as well. I was about to take him to beg for steroids to help clear it up but it finally went away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so satisfying to clear ice away!! I'm glad you got Rachel sorted out, coughing is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your ER trip and Rachel's infection! That snowman plate is so cute. I was thrilled to see that most of our ice went away over the weekend... only to have it snow again last night and I'm sure I'll be back to sanding, salting, and chipping away at our front walk before long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about Rachel-wishing her a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GORGEOUS sunrise! One time I saw my sister come home from work, pour herself a glass of wine, get out a china plate and put some cheese, crackers, and fruit on it and sit and have her snack while finishing up e-mails. . .it inspired me to be more deliberate about the way I snack too! That plate is really cute :). Glad you got rid of that ice - after a rare ice storm in Eastern TN earlier this month, I remember why we moved to a place that generally has milder temperatures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)