Friday, January 19, 2024

Friday Favourite Moments #3

Here are some of my favourite moments from this past week:

1) Work moments

My co-worker became a grandparent for the first time earlier this week and texted me a picture of their new grandbaby shortly after they were born. I felt so honoured that they let me know so soon and squealed with joy at how adorable their new grandchild is!

For some reason, I lost access to my Desktop, and all the files were deleted, right before we went on Winter Break. Yesterday, IT was finally able to restore my desktop (including all my files) which made me so happy!!!

My current position is temporary and was slated to end at the end of January. Yesterday I found out it has been extended to the end of April which is excellent news!!!

2) Church Winter Retreat

Our church had their winter retreat this past weekend and it was so fun! I will be writing a more extensive post next week but some highlights were a wonderful wintry walk with Dave, making a beavertail in an outdoor pizza oven, and cross country skiing for the first time since high school with some good friends.


3) This treat from Sam

Sam knows how much I love stroopwafels (a Dutch cookie) and he bought a package yesterday. When I got home, this was on the back table:

The note says, "For Mom." Awwww.

4) A massage

I was feeling a little under the weather in December so cancelled my massage. I finally got one earlier this week and it was heavenly. Yay for self-care!

And that was what made me smile this past week. How about you? What was your favourite moment from the week?

6 comments:

  1. Follow The Joy! Love it- great little winter happies- thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet about the new grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice you got a massage!! And so nice your son left you a little treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the contract extension! How sweet of Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing news about your job! And what a great week - lots of encouragement found in the little things. Love it! - Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Massages are the best! Glad you got to get one in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)