Monday, January 15, 2024

10 On The 10th: January 2024

I've mentioned before that I find weekday "10 on the 10th" posts hard because I spend so much time at work, and I don't like to take pictures at work. So when I saw we were getting some "interesting weather" the day before, I decided to document my January 9th instead.

I feel like we didn't have winter before this hit. And then, overnight, our back yard looked like this.

I really love my walk to work along the path -- even when it's snowy and a little dark.

The walk from work is just a teeny bit better though because I'm going home!

I thought the branches looked dramatic against the sky.

Artistic pictures of the ornaments (with a bit of snow on them) hanging on our tree.
By the time I got home from work, the snow was turning to rain, so Dave and I quickly shovelled before everything turned to ice. I was fairly wet when we got inside, as you can tell by my hair.
I don't love carnations but I bought these when I didn't think I would find tulips. I love the dual colours of these ones and they looked extra intense with the snow outside.
No matter how much snow we get, my solar lights add a little warmth to the back yard.

I'm really glad I documented January 9th because January 10th was a very boring day and there really wasn't much to take pictures of. I would have had a really hard time getting ten pictures that day.

This wasn't a very exciting weather system, but it was our first wintry blast this year. This past weekend we had a much more intense storm so if you're looking for some snow, come visit!

7 comments:

  1. Your backyard does look so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those snow photos are so pretty! I missed our first snow storm but Evan did go out with the camera and take some photos for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the same day that we got snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Natasha, you guys have so much snow!! The solar lights look very pretty in your backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful snow pics. It's 17 degrees here this morning, but no snow. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beautiful flowers! What a gift in the middle of the freezing cold! - Bekah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)