Friday, May 22, 2020

The Kids' Take On Coronavirus

I first saw this posted on Sarah's blog. You can read what her son answered here. I thought it was a good way to find out what the kids are thinking about coronavirus.
These are all random pictures from our time of 
quarantine/lockdown/isolating/whatever you want to call it. 

What is the Coronavirus?

Rachel -- A virus that can be deadly and it's keeping us from going to school.

Sam -- Bad.

Who is the Prime Minister?

Rachel -- Justin Trudeau (I had to explain what a prime minister was but when I told her, she knew right away.)

Sam -- Justin Trudeau

How many days have we have been in lockdown?

Rachel -- Nine weeks. I think this is our tenth week.

Sam -- 67. He mathematically figured it out! I asked the kids these questions this past Tuesday.

Do you want to go back to school?

Rachel -- YES!!!

Sam -- Sort of.

Who is the first person you're going to hug when lockdown is over?

Rachel -- I think maybe [and then she named her four best school friends].

Sam -- My grandparents.

Where is the first place you want to go?

Rachel -- Back to school.

Sam -- Out of the house! (Good answer!!! When I asked if he wanted to go anywhere specific, he said, "Ideally anywhere beyond our block. Either school or the library.")

What do you think we can do to get rid of Coronavirus?

Rachel -- Listen to healthcare workers and stay in lockdown until we can stop being in it. When I asked her what might cause lockdown to stop, she commented, "Maybe when they find a medicine."

Sam -- Throw Coronavirus into outer space. Or just continue to stay in quarantine, I guess.

Is mom/dad a good teacher?

Rachel -- Daddy is, Mommy isn't.

Sam -- He gave me a thumbs up.
How did the Coronavirus start?

Rachel -- In Hong Kong, China. (Clearly we need to work on some geography.)

Sam -- Because of bats. I think people got it from bats in Wuhan, China.

If you had to wear protective clothing to help you what would it be?

Rachel -- Mask, gloves, and something to cover my face.

Sam -- A hazmat suit because it looks cool and I want to wear one.

Are you enjoying lockdown?

Rachel -- NO!

Sam -- A little.

How long do you think it's going to take before we can leave lockdown?

Rachel -- I don't know. When we can go back to school. And then people can choose to stay in lockdown or go back.

Sam -- A while. When I asked for more specifics, he said, "Up to a year at most."

7 comments:

  1. We posted the same survey the same day! I’m cracking up. Love reading kids answers. Protective suits are definitely a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this going around and think it's cute for younger kids! I like the Hong Kong, China answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rachel's honesty that you're not a good teacher! hah! I'm glad they are both keen on getting back to school, unlike my son...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Rachel said I'm not a good teacher because Dave really is her favourite parent. Also, I'm not good at French. And yes, they both love school so this transition has been hard for them but also why they are eager to do online learning every day.

      Delete
  4. I love this so much! Kids are so 'real' and I love that about them...at least most of the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I love hearing these kids answers.
    Love Sam wants to see grandparents - sweet.
    A hazmat suit is the way to go! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh to Sam's last answer. Tell him to stop being so doom and gloom! Haha! I definitely hope it isn't that long. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)