Wednesday, May 20, 2020

If I Were To Constantly Post On Instagram...

In case you didn't know this, I LOVE Instagram (most of the time!). I see Instagram-able moments often, although I don't like to post on there more than once every day or two. However, if I'm on vacation, or participating in a daily photo challenge (like I am for May), or participating in a readathon, I will post more often. Anyways, these are all moments from the last month (or so), which I would have posted on Instagram, but instead I decided to do them as a blog post. Probably I should just label this post "Life Lately" or something like that, but I didn't :)
April 29, 2020 -- I know it's unusual that we still print out pictures, but I declared quiet time this day and Rachel entertained herself for over an hour looking at our photo albums.

 April 29, 2020 -- I baked cinnamon buns, round two, this day and they turned out so much better. Yay!

 May 1, 2020 -- Rachel has taken to packing her backpack, picking up Dave's computer, and making the trek from the office, through the kitchen, to get to the dining room for "school." Her backpack holds writing implements, a notebook, her troll, her mini My Little Ponies, and one sparkly glove. She is odd sometimes :)

May 3, 2020 -- It was a nice enough day for homemade lemonade popsicles. Sam and I like them with whole raspberries.

May 3, 2020 -- We are our first supper of the season outside. (We hadn't yet set up our outdoor table due the SNOW in the forecast for the next week. Boo.)

May 5, 2020 -- I've had tulips in the house continuously since the end of January but these were the final two batches :( Also, I only yard wasted them this past Sunday - hahaha!!!

May 7, 2020 -- We found a bag of apples rotting in our fridge (ewwww), so I rescued what I could and made applesauce. It was so good!

May 8, 2020 -- Our travel mugs are wondering if they'll ever get used again :(

May 8, 2020 -- Rachel has taken to working on Dave's computer, on the floor of the playroom, wearing a Santa hat, for some reason...

May 12, 2020 -- An IKEA order arrived and Sam discovered he still likes hanging out in boxes.

May 13, 2020 -- Rachel enjoys making art out of her lunches. She is very creative and does this all on her own.

May 14, 2020 -- Sam had to make a paper tower (with very specific instructions -- ie. no more than 1 metre of tape), and see how much cutlery it would hold. His held twelve spoons and a fork.


May 15, 2020 -- One of Rachel's (optional) school projects was to make crayon pucks. We had a HUGE container of broken crayons so made twelve pucks. Peeling all the paper off kept Rachel busy (and quiet!!!) for over an hour.

7 comments:

  1. Very fun! Kids are so funny sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That applesauce looks yummy! We should do that with our crayons, great idea. And yes, kids are weird. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things to love about this post. Cinnamon roll and tulips are my favs. My 16 year old has been hanging out in boxes as well lately. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make photo books instead of printing pictures but essentially the same thing and my kids spend HOURS looking through them, enough that some books are starting to fall apart! It’s easily one of my favorite things we own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even think about getting our old albums out for the kids to look at. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing people's lives through pictures. They say a lot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like y'all are doing great--love Rachel's attitude!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)