Tuesday, February 04, 2020

One Sentence A Day: January 2020

Rebecca Jo is a blogger I just discovered this past fall. She writes a post at the end of each month that has one sentence for each day in the month. You can see her post for December 2019 here. Last year I did a daily photo but I wanted to try something different this year, and I found this interesting. So here is my January, summed up in one sentence a day.

1 - Wednesday -- I didn't see any movies in theatres in 2019 but we started 2020 off strong going to Frozen 2 as a part of our framily Christmas celebration!

2 - Thursday -- I went for a forty minute walk to the library and back and it felt like spring!

3 - Friday --The first of the January tulips are in the house :)

4 - Saturday -- I absolutely LOVE our church small group Chanukah party!

5 - Sunday -- It was so nice to clean everything up today and get ready to get back into routine.

6 - Monday -- I was outside at 6:30am, shoveling all the snow.

7 - Tuesday --  I was so tired, I had a nap on the couch before supper.

8 - Wednesday -- Both kids were asleep by 7:30, a rare occurrence.

9 - Thursday -- My second day in a row of working at the same school helped me feel more settled.

10 - Friday -- We had a delicious dinner at The Works (an amazing burger place) with Dave's parents to celebrate his upcoming birthday.

11 - Saturday -- While our region received a record amount of rain, we ran all the errands today.

12 - Sunday -- We spent all day working on our Fish Extender gifts for our cruise and, thanks to the rain, dealing with some minor water issues in our basement.

13 - Monday -- In trying to use up all our food before vacation, I made a salad with two heads of lettuce, two mushrooms, and six cherry tomatoes!!!

14 - Tuesday -- I only worked a half day today which I actually really liked!

15 - Wednesday -- We managed to fit in ice cream for Strawberry Ice Cream Day!

16 - Thursday -- We spent most of the day in airports or on planes.

17- Friday -- Happy Birthday Dave!!!
San Juan, Puerto Rico

18 - Saturday -- Old San Juan is beautiful.

19 - Sunday -- All aboard!!!

20 - Monday -- I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED The Golden Mickeys!

21 - Tuesday -- I also loved the "Art of the Theme" tour we took today. (A (badly named) tour which talks about the design of the ship.)

22 - Wednesday -- We spotted flamingos in the wild -- so cool!
Bonaire 

23 - Thursday -- Our family LOVES the beach.
 Eagle Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba

24 - Friday -- I love and adore colourful houses!
Willemstad, Curaçao 

25 - Saturday -- We tried to do all the things on the ship which we hadn't yet done this week.

26 - Sunday -- There is nothing fun about heading home from vacation :(

27 - Monday -- Back to life, back to reality.

28 - Tuesday -- Laundry, laundry, and yes -- more laundry.

29 - Wednesday -- An early bedtime was a necessity tonight.

30 - Thursday -- Within two hours, I'd received FIVE calls to pick up jobs! #thatsinsane (If you're new to my job situation, you can read more about it here.)

31 - Friday -- I baked challah today for the first time in forever!

See you again in March for One Sentence A Day: February.

PS. I actually found it hard to distill each day down to one sentence.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! So glad you joined in... you're going to love looking back at these at the end of the year & seeing what one sentence can do in bringing up memories!!!
    I had to laugh that you had spring weather to snow to rain... yep - mother nature has lost her mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I'm going to try for February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun vacation!! Now that is the way to kick in the New year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, it made January fly by which was great!!!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you visited some lovely places on your holiday - how lovely to feel some winter sun. And what a great way to start a new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really great way to help January go quickly! I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you love the beach. The other night I had a dream that my family and I moved to Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you joined us!! If you would like to be added to our email group for the link-up code, please let me know at mommyhon333@hotmail.com.

    Your cruise sounds delightful. Was holding my breath that no one on board came down with flu-like symptoms that would wind up having you quarantined. My family loves the beach, too. We don't get there enough for my liking.

    Yay for naps before dinner and ice cream. And working in the same school 2 days in a row. I am working as a sub teacher some and I like going back to the same schools.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)