Tuesday, February 11, 2020

10 On The 10th: February 2020

Around the internet I have seen various versions of "10 on the 10th." The one I've liked the best is ten pictures to document the 10th of the month so I figured I would give it a try yesterday. It's like a condensed version of a "day in the life" post and you all know how much I LOVE those!
As almost every morning does, I started this day by deciding which of my many mugs I wanted to drink out of. I LOVE my mug collection!
We had a big fall of snow the evening before so I had to go out and shovel before I could leave for work. Not pictured: The adrenaline rush when the snowplow went by ten minutes before I had to leave and plowed in our driveway so Dave and I frantically shoveled it out. Thanks for nothing snowplow. Grrrrrr.
I'm not a breakfast person but I now have to eat yogurt every morning. Ugh. I only really like cherry yogurt and I enjoy picking a different coloured Fiestaware bowl to eat it out of. Also, I chose my mug from this past summer because the friends we visited posted a picture on Facebook and I MISS THEM.
I had to quickly steam some green beans so the kids would eat vegetables in their lunches.
After work I sat down with my "daily allotment" of The New Jim Crow and a bowl of salt and vinegar chips. And then I had a nap. (I really want to read this book but it reads more like a textbook so I've been struggling with it. My wise friend Emily suggested that I take the total number of pages in the book, divided by how many days I had to read it and Voila! I now know how many pages I need to read a day to finish this book.)
Vegetable Pasta is a recipe I found through the What's Up Wednesday link up. The kids love it, I love that it uses up random vegetables, and it's a win for everyone. Tonight's extra veggies were carrots and spinach (along with the always represented onions, garlic, and peppers.)
Having tulips around constantly is what gets me through our winters. Especially on days when I have to shovel three times in less than twelve hours, like today.
We had a Hebrew lesson this night and I had some decaf tea in a different mug.
I don't remember ever feeling as overwhelmed by laundry as I have these past few weeks. I seriously almost cried last night as I was folding laundry which is so rare for me. It just never ends...
I needed a light read so I curled up in our snowy flannel sheets with some Nora. A good way to end the day.

And that was 10 things about our February 10th.

3 comments:

  1. I love me some pasta with vegetables. You're right - a good way to use up veggies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I legit have only a few mugs and most of them are Christmas mugs that I didn't buy. I use the same mug every single day. Once you really get into The New Jim Crow, you will fly through it. The first chapter felt so long but it starts to go faster, I promise. And by the end you will be so glad you read it! I'm doing that right now with How to Be an Antiracist and The Flatshare - one hard, thought-provoking chapter, 1 light and mindless chapter. My parents have fiestaware and I love it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I’m so glad my New Jim Crow reading method is working for you! I have faith that this will be the time you finish it! Also I’m constantly jealous of your snow. We have just rain. Curse you, climate change!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)