Monday, February 03, 2020

January Goals Update And February Goals

So it's time for me to give you an update on my January goals and to let you know what I'll be working on in February.

1) Finish reading Harry Potter to Rachel.

This did not happen. All those free evenings I thought I would have just did not exist. So this will continue on as a February goal.

2) Alternate reading library books with my TBR pile of non-library books.

I am excited about how I did with this goal. Although I did not completely "alternate" I did get three books reads of this pile which I feel like was a good start!

My plan had been to leave books behind as I finished them but Dave wanted to read both Yesterday and Mennonite in a Little Black Dress so that didn't work out too well! Ha!

3) Get outside for 30 minutes a day.

I really need to write a blog post about the changes which have been afoot with work. It's all good but it has just been much busier than I had expected. Let's just say on days when I'm working, coming home to cook supper, and then we have an evening activity -- there isn't any time for me to get outside. Boo :( (And those have been the majority of my non-vacation weekdays.)

4) Pick December pictures for next year's calendar.

Does it count if I just did it this past weekend??? And thus, technically it was done in February but before I'd published this update? Discuss amongst yourselves...
I'm thinking this picture of Sam and Rachel quilting 
needs to be in next year's calendar!

5) Drink more water. And thus, less caffeine.

I am so proud of how I've done on this goal. I have managed to cut down to just two cups of coffee-hot chocolate a day. Sometimes on our cruise, I only had one cup. Except for the six days on our cruise (when I had a Coke just about every day (and sometimes two)), I only had Coke four other times in January. I am really happy with this.

You all know that Coke is my biggest struggle, and towards the end of 2019 I was drinking one, sometimes two (cans), a day. To have cut it down that much makes me really happy.

While I'm trying to drink more water, I don't think I'm doing a great job of drinking enough. Now that we're back from vacation, I'm really going to try and track my water intake better.

FEBRUARY GOALS


1) Find a regular grocery shopping time.

I feel like grocery shopping didn't go well this fall. I need to get better at that. With some recent changes which have happened with work, I think I will have a regular time and I'm really excited about that! (And I promise I will write a blog post as soon as I can with a work update but there are still some things settling out and it might take a few weeks to get it all sorted.)


2) Pick January pictures for calendar.

This will be a continual monthly goal for 2020 :)

3) Finish reading Harry Potter to Rachel.

For real, this time!

4) Read The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander.

Come on me, what is taking so long?

5) Stay on top of blog comments.

I feel so bad that you all read my blog and leave the nicest comments and then.... nothing. I don't make the time to respond to your comments and I feel like that's leaving you hanging. I'm sorry. I'm going to try and work on that in February.

6) Figure out that water thing for once and for all.

I'm going to make a concrete goal to drink three water bottles a day. My water bottle is 750ml (3 cups) so that's nine cups of water a day. That is totally doable.

7) Make a doctor's appointment.

I'm sorry to be a little vague about this but I've had an ongoing issue since the end of September. I've been to the doctor twice (three times?) about it, been on medication twice, and it's still not resolved. It's not a life-threatening issue but it is persistent and irritating. But I got tired of going to the doctor and being on medication and still having it crop up so I gave up.

Let's just say that ignoring it for the past two months has not helped it any and I need to be proactive again. So I'm putting it out there that I will will get on top of this in February and GET THIS FIGURED OUT.

8) Send out our holiday cards.

Yes, we are the people who have not yet sent out our holiday cards. Thank you job making an appearance during December. Thankfully, our cards say "Happy Holidays" so they are relevant all year long. Ha! My mother-in-law suggested just saving them for next year but I think I'd rather send them out in February then send an out of date picture next year. What would you all do??? 

Okay, I really do think that's enough for February. Do you have any February goals I can cheer you on in?

3 comments:

  1. I used to be so good with water and have been in a slump with it later, so it is a goal of mine too! And I also LOVE Coke (but sweet tea mixed with lemonade a little more ha), so those need to go to the wayside for me too! I'm reading 1 physical book right now too (along with 2 ebooks ha) - gotta knock that pile out slowly. I say send the cards - you spent the money on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a substitute teacher at the preschool lately, so even though I won't be reading much I do plan to at least listen to an audio book in the car. :)

    Yay for drinking water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good laugh at the goal to finish The New Jim Crow. It’s sooooo hard to get through that book! I feel ya there. Also, congrats on your coffee/coke/water progress! I think you’ve come a long way and don’t be discouraged about fallbacks. You are doing so well pushing forward!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)