Thursday, April 06, 2017

#tbt: The Saskatoon Edition

Since I never did finish blogging about our road trip this past summer, I thought I'd do another post on that. This #tbt is taking us all the way back to August when we spent a day in Saskatoon, visiting my grandma and hanging out at Kinsmen Park.
We started the day off visiting with my grandma. She just turned 93 in January, and is the last of my and Dave's living grandparents. I loved that she taught Sam and Rachel a new game to play with dominoes and it was fun watching them interact with her.
And I like getting four generation pictures whenever possible. Between Dave's grandpa (who died this past January) and my grandma, I feel like the kids have gotten to know a couple of their great-grandparents fairly well which I recognize is pretty unique.
After visiting my grandma, we went to a park in the city. (Remember, my parents live outside the city a ways.) I remember going to Kinsmen Park as a kid and riding the train, the merry-go-round, and the Ferris wheel so it's pretty fun for me to take Sam and Rachel there.
Sam didn't want to go on the Ferris Wheel so just Rachel, Dad, and I did. I know my mom and Sam waited at the bottom and I can't remember what Dave did. Oops :) (This is why I should blog events as they happen. Note for next time...)
Pensive Rachel looking over the city.
And I thought this combination of flowers and the bee was beautiful so I took an artistic picture.
This was a nice relaxing day in the midst of our road trip craziness and we made some good memories. And that night we went back to Mom and Dad's and had an outdoor fire and wiener roast which you can read about here.

1 comment:

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)