Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Spring Is Springing!

Not much adds joy to my life more than signs of Spring after, what feels like, a looong winter. Spring slightly edges out Fall as my favourite season. I love working in the yard, the fact that it is still light out after supper, and that I don't have to wear a jacket.
Rachel is totally my mini-me and loved helping with yard work. She also grabbed a book to read in the sun the other day. Then she said, "This is the highlight of my day." I melted. (Keeping it real: About two minutes after she said that, she announced, "This is boring" and ran off to swing. It was nice while it lasted.)
It might be a little hard to see but the left is the "before picture" with dead grass, dead plants, and dead leaves all over. The right picture is the "after picture" with all the deadness raked, pulled, and pruned away, making room for new life. And as I was working I discovered all sorts of new life.
On the left was a little crocus just peeking up. It was no more than a couple of inches high. And by Sunday my daffodils were making a good show of it. I'm so excited to see these bloom.
And of course one of my favourite Spring activities is this! There's nothing like the smell of Spring on your clothes.

So yes, Spring is springing and I'm so excited about it!

4 comments:

  1. "Not much adds joy to my life more than signs of Spring after, what feels like, a looong winter. Spring slightly edges out Fall as my favourite season." amen! I couldn't say it better myself!!! Every girl is all "fall is my jam" and I'm like NO SPRING IS AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are loving it as well! It has been really beautiful around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I lived up North I would be ready for Spring too...ha, ha...
    I love the picture of Rachel reading...cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your laundry hanging!!! How cute that Rachel enjoyed the reading for two whole minutes, hahaha. Hopefully she works up to longer sessions soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)