Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Scenes From A (Sick) Morning

Yesterday morning Rachel woke up with a fever so instead of taking Sam to school and getting lots of chores done around the house, our morning looked like this instead:
Rachel wrapped up in blankets on the futon. Sometimes she wanted me to hold her and sometimes she didn't.
We basically watched Baby Einstein all morning. Well, sometimes I read my book club book and drank tea.
I ignored all the laundry waiting to be folded.
What happens at our house when you misbehave.
(Or when you need an actual bath because your best friend decided to throw you 
into her big brother's bath.)
Thankfully Rachel was feeling a little better by the time Dave got home and they caught up on some work together. Rachel and I went to pick up our CSA because we hadn't left the house all day. Dave made supper and I managed to get all seven loads of laundry folded and put away! Whoo hoo!!!

And that was our day yesterday. I hope your day was better.

7 comments:

  1. Hope she is feeling much better today! Although hopefully the down time and snuggle time weren't too rough on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying...laughing so hard! Love that last pic! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could provide some entertainment for you! And yes, that last picture made me melt :)

      Delete
  3. SEVEN LOADS OF LAUNDRY!?!??! That makes ME feel sick. Glad she's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I hope Funny Bunny learned his lesson and that Rachel feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I hope she is feeling better! We have had a few "friends" who needed baths like that as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a little boy who could use a good hanging by his ears lately. (Terrible twos around here) Haha! So glad Rachel started feeling better. We all need a lazy day sometimes. We usually have to get all our laundry done on the weekends so we are no strangers to seven loads, but I am so thankful my husband is a great folder! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)