Monday, September 13, 2010

The weekend

On Saturday Dave and I helped friends of ours move. It made us both excited and scared for our big move next summer (we hope!). It will be great to have a permanent place and be able to make long term plans. And it is scary to think of packing up and moving halfway across the country. Even though we know where we are going, it will be different. It was also great to be able to help friends move again -- there are many things you can't do, or have to do very differently, with kids.

Saturday afternoon I worked and then I got to spend some time with Sam, finally! I think he missed his mommy :) And he threw a block at Dave, from close range, and hit him in the lip. Dave got a bit of a fat lip from that. We all watched a Baby Einstein video on Saturday night and I think Sam enjoyed it. It was "Baby's Favorite Places" and he was attempting to copy some of the signs.

Yesterday we went to a Lutheran church. The liturgy was mostly Spanish music and very cool. We sang "Amazing Grace" to the tune of "The House of the Rising Sun" and it was a very unique way to sing it. Try it sometime. When I went up to take communion Sam started calling, "Mama, mama, mama..." I think he was still missing me from Saturday!

Last night Dave gave Sam a bath and then we had "Mommy and Daddy and Sam on the bed" time for a bit. Sam thought it was hysterical and laughed and crawled all over the place.

It was a good weekend, although I had a few too many work hours to catch up on so didn't get to be at home as much as I wanted to. Oh well. I've had other time at home which is why I had work to catch up on in the first place! Now I must get back to the laundry. I think the dryer just finished...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)