Thursday, March 07, 2024

The Rest Of My February Reading

My 2024 reading is still going strong and I read some really great books, and some really fun books, these last few weeks!

 

This is the second book I've read by this author duo and I really enjoyed it. I loved hearing about the friendship between Mary McLeod Bethune and Eleanor Roosevelt. I highly recommend this book as it is so well written and sheds light on a period I really haven't read much about.

The way I ended up with this book was so random. It arrived in inter-office mail at work and my principal knew it was for a teacher who was gone on vacation. She said, "You read fast. Take it!" It looked interesting so I said, "Yes!" And I am so glad I did. I don't love short stories, but that is basically what this was -- a group of short stories tied together, all centred around one novel. You should absolutely read this book. It's so good and well worth it.

I know other people have found this novella sad. While I agree it was sad, it didn't tear my heart strings out. Maybe I am cold and unfeeling but it left me feeling a little "meh."

This series just gets better and better. This is another book I read in one sitting. If you haven't started The Inheritance Games series, in my opinion, you are missing out! Even though it's aimed more at a Young Adult readership, I am really enjoying it.

This book is probably aimed more at parents of young children, but I still felt convicted to get my kids off screens and outside more. I don't know how successful I will be at it, but I just know we need to spend more time outside. I would recommend this book, even if you don't have younger kids (or any kids) because I think we probably all spend too much time indoors.

I did not love this book. I think it's because I really didn't love Charles Lindbergh as portrayed in the book. While this is historical fiction, it just turns out that, in my opinion, Charles Lindbergh was not a nice man. And his character really coloured this whole novel, even though it was written from Anne Lindbergh's point of view. Ugh.

  

This is a funny, sexy, smart trilogy. Even though each book is a stand alone novel, I really enjoyed reading them one after the other. I thought these books were all sooooo good and if you're looking for a lighter read, which is a bit more meaty, than read these books.

So that wraps up my February reading.

February total: 16

2024, thus far: 36 (For interest's sake, 2023, at this time: 33).

4 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your reading- thanks for sharing- looks like another amazing selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved No Two Persons and Ali Hazelwood's books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ali Hazelwood so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy Ali Hazelwood's books! I am going to have to look into The Inheritance Games as well as a few of the others you've mentioned here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)