Monday, March 11, 2024

Share Our Lives: 5 Things I Can't Live Without

It's the second Monday of the month so it's time to "share our lives" with Sarah, Dara, Joanne, Adrienne, and Jen. (Click on each name to go their blogs.) This month we're sharing "5 items we can't live without." Since I'm not trying to be an influencer here, I'm not linking to anything specific, and I'm also interpreting "items" as fairly expansive! These could also be called "5 things which make Natasha really happy!" Hahaha!!!

1) Something to read

Whether this is defined as an actual physical book or my Kobo, I am not happy if I don't have something to read. I read a lot and I usually have at least two or three books on the go. I have a book at work to read on my lunch break, I have a couple of books (plus my Kobo) on my nightstand, and I have a stack of books on my dresser as well. I get about 95% of my books from the library so I'm constantly juggling my library account!

My current TBR

2) My laundry line (and my clothespin apron!)

I know, I know, you all think I'm nuts but honestly, if one of the things you take away from reading my blog is that "Natasha loves to hang out her laundry," I'm good with that! There is not much which makes me happier than a baseball game in the background and a load of laundry to hang out. I've hung laundry in Mexico and Kenya, as well as here at home and at my parents' house. My laundry lines (both the indoor and outdoor ones) make me sooooo happy!!!

My aunt also made me a clothespin apron one year for Christmas, and I used it so much, I wore it out. So she made me another one. I LOVE it!!!

Outside hanging laundry (left) and my original clothespin apron (right)

3) Flowers

Whether it's tulips in the winter, pansies in the spring, my pots of annuals in the summer, or my mums in the fall, my year revolves around flowers of some sort. They just make me so happy! And I don't need other people to buy them for me (although that's pretty awesome too), I just get so much joy from flowers!

4) My travel mug

I've always had a travel mug or two for taking coffee-hot chocolate (or sometimes, tea) to work. I received a Starbucks one as a gift when I left a school I'd worked at for a few months, and I just replaced it about a month ago. It lasted me three years. It has been the best travel mug, keeps my coffee-hot chocolate hot for about four hours (which is as long as it takes me to drink it), and is the perfect size. Whether I'm carrying it to work or church, I really love my travel mug.

5) My FitBit One

I know you all love your Apple Watches but I am perfectly happy tracking my steps and distance with my FitBit One. I bought it in July 2015 and it has been my trusty companion ever since. I am already dreading when it dies because FitBit doesn't make the One anymore and I have no idea what I'll replace it with. I hate wearing anything on my wrist so an Apple Watch does not appeal. My FitBit and I have walked a lot of kilometres together!

So those are 5 items I can't live without! Since we're currently on a cruise, with no access to Wifi, I will link up with the Share Our Lives bloggers when I'm back on the internet. And I'll read the rest of the posts in the link up when I return home. I look forward to reading about what other people can't live without!

8 comments:

  1. Somehow I knew that books and tulips would make your list- love it! Hope you are having the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you wrote this post! I do love flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judah is team FitBit! Love your closes pin apron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers really do brighten up a room and lift spirits. I love the apron and that you hang laundry...and that you have so much joy about that chore :) I need to find joy in doing laundry. haha Thanks for linking up with us. I hope you are enjoying your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I just knew books, flowers, and clotheslines would make your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you've reminded me that I want/need some pansies on my porch!! I love those little flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)