Thursday, March 28, 2024

Friday Favourite Moments #13 (On A Thursday)

It's the last Thursday of the month and, normally, I would link up with Holly and Patty for Monthly Musings. But this month is all about spring fashion and you all know how fashionable I am! Hahaha! When I realized my answer to "favourite spring scent" was "dirt" and my answer to "favourite spring fashion pieces" was "shoes where I don't have to wear socks," I decided to skip it :) Since tomorrow is Good Friday, I decided to post my "Friday Favourite Moments" a day early.

This was another hard week but only because I am experiencing some of the busiest weeks of work right now. I'm not sure that even the end of the school year will be this crazy. There are a few factors contributing to the stress and crazy (which I won't get into) but let's just say some extra prayers for sanity and calm for me at work would not go amiss right now.

And with that, on with my Friday Favourite Moments from this past week.

1) Our chives

I mentioned this in my post yesterday but I had totally forgotten that I had brought home chives plants from Saskatchewan last summer, solely for the purpose of having them for potato salad. I got so excited when I saw they had popped up when I was checking something else in the back yard!!! Normally, we'd have potato salad for Easter dinner but Tim & Janice are hosting this year so I'll have to make potato salad another time. But I have the chives to do it!!! Yay!!!
 
2) Extra treats at work
My principal bought too many muffins for a work meeting so offered me one, even though I wasn't a part of the meeting, and another co-worker bought me a coffee-hot chocolate yesterday, and honestly, those have been the best parts of work this week! The extra caffeine and sugar have been exactly what I've needed as I've been hopping this week.
 
3) Empty laundry baskets
While things at work are nuts, I'm actually staying on top of (at least one!) things at home. Our laundry is currently completely caught up and I could not be more excited!!!

4) Rachel did the dishes

On Friday night Dave wasn't feeling well and went to bed early. I was exhausted and also went to bed early. I asked the kids to do the bare minimum for clean up and to put themselves to bed at a reasonable hour. The next day I woke up to discover that Rachel had done all the dishes, even though I had said they could leave them. I get completely frustrated sometimes with raising a preteen and a teenager so I have to shout it from the rooftops when one of them goes above and beyond. I was so thrilled to not have to face a counter of dirty dishes on Saturday morning.

So those were my favourite moments from the week. Tell me something good about your week. And to everyone celebrating, Happy Easter! I am so ready for a four day weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, that was so sweet of Rachel to pitch in and help out! I feel like as my kids get older they're getting worse at their chores but I do give them a lot more slack since they are so much busier and not at home very often. Hoping things settle down at work for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok VERY impressed with the cleanup job- nice work kids- great job Mama! I laughed out loud at your favorite spring scent being dirt- ha! That is one of mine too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was sweet of Rachel to do the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to see how great your kids are sometimes! Our chives are coming back too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than an empty laundry basket!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)