Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Currently: December 2022

Once again I'm joining Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness for "Currently." I LOVE this link up and I'm so glad it's continuing :)

[loving]

Well, I finally got some Christmas decorating done a few days ago. (Channukah decorating will happen in a couple of weekends.) We changed the location of our window lights. Normally, I have them in the dining room but we put them in the living room this year and it makes the living room so cozy. I am loving it!


Yesterday morning, Dave and I were drinking coffee by the light of these lights and Dave commented that it felt like our coffee mornings outside this past summer. 

[gifting]

Well, Dave and I have figured out all our gifts for almost everybody. Now we just need to obtain them :) As we are travelling over Christmas, we're mostly gifting experiences to the kids for easy packing!

[wrapping]

Due to what we're gifting, thankfully we don't have a lot of wrapping to do this year, which is awesome because I hate wrapping! And what little wrapping we do have to do, Dave will complete, as he always does :)

A gratuitous picture of my newest decoration -- a runner my grandma got from my great aunt in Germany. I think I need to expand my tree forest. What say you?!?!? This is on top of our piano and I don't know what else to add here. 

[hoping]

I'm hoping that these next two and a half weeks fly by work-wise. Due to our schedule this year, the kids attend school (which means I work) until December 23. That feels sooooo long and I really hope it goes well. We do have a nice long break post-Christmas and New Year's which I'm really looking forward to.

[attending]

The main thing we will be attending over the next few weeks are Rachel's dance performances! She has four shows this weekend and four shows the following weekend. I'm most excited to see her dance in person with our symphony! Other than that Dave and I will be attending her rehearsals to fulfill our volunteer commitments.

Rachel's costume for the snowball fight dance, Uggs included!  

So that's what we're up to currently -- a lot of work/school, dance, and holiday-ing!

12 comments:

  1. Awww please post pics of Rachel's Dance Performances- yeah! Love your new table runner and I hate wrapping too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just said this on another blog as well, but it's true- there's something so mesmerizing and warm about twinkling lights! I leave my mantel lights up all year long for that very reason. (They're decorative.) I love the cozy feeling this time of year brings, regardless of the weather. (It's raining and 70 here today near Memphis, Tn as I write this. Bleh!) I love that table runner! What a priceless treasure. Thanks for joining in with us today! I hope you have a great day, Natasha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel looks like you in that picture! Enjoy her dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need a mini tree farm like we have! We had ours on our sun porch when we lived in Kokomo, and now it lives on our headboard. It would be perfect on your piano. we just got small trees of varying sizes and then I bought a "Shaffer Tree Farm" sign from Etsy to put in the middle of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think experiences are the BEST gift! Doesnt take up space & wont be tossed to the side in a few weeks - they're memory making!

    ReplyDelete
  6. School until the 23rd feels very late! I hope it all goes smoothly and you get to enjoy the cozy feeling of those lights and mini trees all month long. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope everything goes well with Rachel's dances! Those lights do make your living room look so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to gift your kids experiences! I hope that you all have a wonderful time travelling over Christmas 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lights in your living room are so pretty and yes, it would make for a very cozy coffee break! The runner is beautiful too. Visiting from Currently#19

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very holiday themed and I am HERE FOR IT! Hope time at work flies so you can enjoy your holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Send your presents to me! I LOVE wrapping them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)