Wednesday, May 18, 2022

10 On The 10th: May 2022

I know I have been posting a lot of picture heavy posts this week, so true to form, here's another one for you :) In April's "10 On The 10th" I was frustrated with our lack of spring. You can read that post here. Thus, this month I decided to share my joy in spring finally arriving!

I love this picture of dandelions mixed with forget-me-nots which I saw on the path on my walk home.

After school at our house looks like this in the spring -- school stuff dumped on the back table so the kids can go out to play, windows open, and a box of soccer things waiting to be sorted through.

After work, I love reading outside with a cold Coke, or something a little stronger :)

These are some of my favourite spring flowers. They're called "pulmonaria" or "lungwort" and they're so small. I was lying down to get this photo.

Rachel and a friend were having an after school play date on the trampoline.

I love how the daffodils bloom among the dead raspberry stalks in the spring. They provide a spot of colour in an otherwise brown and grey area.

Rachel made this birdhouse at VBS last year. We need to get some bird seed in it as we've seen a few birds check it out. It hangs in our maple tree.

I love this basket of pansies I bought through our neighbourhood fundraiser. It brightens up this corner bed so much.

Our tree and our neighbour's tree are so pretty in full bloom -- even when they significantly activate my allergies.

These are such weird tulips. They fully open throughout the day and then close up every night. They are definitely not what I was expecting when I bought them.

And that was my "Spring is finally here!!!" May 10th.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah! Here too! These pics did indeed bring me joy- thanks for sharing! Yeah for spring and your back yard looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rainbow tassels, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pansies are my sorority flower. I love how each one has a face, and a looks a little different from all the rest. Wish I could grow them. In our dry, hot climate, they only last a very short time. Those pulmonaria are darling. I like how the blooms are different shades all on one plant.
    Bravo for taking time to read, and enjoying a cold Coke or something stronger!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty flowers and wonderful signs of spring. What an unusual variety of tulip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot get over the color!!! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pulmonaria is beautiful. That's a flower I don't see much around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)