Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Currently: May 2022

It's the first Wednesday in May so I'm joining in with Anne at in residence for "Currently." I found the prompts challenging to answer this month. Was I the only one? Maybe I overthought them :)

[consuming]

For some reason, lately I've been "consuming" green grapes every single day at work for lunch. I don't know why grapes are so appealing to me right now but they really are -- as long as they're green :)
 

[feeling]

I am "feeling" all the love from my friends and family as I celebrated a big birthday milestone a couple of days ago. While my actual birthday was fairly quiet, a bigger party is coming later this month (I hope!) but I got so many messages from friends near and far wishing me a "Happy Birthday" and I felt so loved.
These are the flowers my parents sent to me.

[finding]

While I love my new position, I'm "finding" that it takes a ton of my energy. Thus, I get home exhausted and I am not on top of things at home. I need to find a better balance between collapsing when I get home (and getting nothing done) and finding some energy to accomplish a few "at home" tasks every day

[following]

Mainly, I'm "following" Blue Jays baseball. They've been playing really well, thus far, this season so they've been fun to watch. I'm excited that we have plans to go to lots of in person games this season!

I've also been "following" the weather, looking for the rare, sunny and slightly warm days. Those are the best laundry hanging days and they've been few and far between this spring.

[spending]

Right now, I'm "spending" all the time I can under my new blanket. My best friend, Janice, crocheted this for me for my birthday and it's gorgeous. This is such a special gift, and actually makes me a little glad it's been a cold week so I can snuggle under it.

So that's what's up with me "currently." I'm looking forward to spending some time over the next few days reading about what's up with all of you!

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you. And what a great gift from your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your birthday was amazing like you! You should feel the love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday again! The blanket is a very nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those grapes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way- the grapes MUST be green! Those flowers are lovely and the blanket looks so cozy. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday. Enjoy your day. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful birthday gift! Glad you were spoiled on your special day! Happiest wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful new blanket! Those grapes look yummy; we usually buy red ones though as my boys don't like green grapes (I think they all taste the same -- well, except for cotton candy grapes)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I chuckled at the grapes because I, too, have been consuming grapes constantly. I found this produce stand that has thick, plump grapes and I can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a special gift in the blanket! Something you'll enjoy forever and have great memories with it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)