Monday, September 21, 2020

Hearing From The Kids

Allena posted a "back to school" survey a few weeks ago (about a month ago now). In honour of the first full week of school happening this week, I thought you might enjoy hearing from the kids. You can read Allena's post here. I also interspersed some back to school pictures throughout the years for your enjoyment as not every first day of school picture made it onto the blog :)

Favorite Color
Rachel: Any shade of blue
Sam: Transparent orange-ish-yellow (Sam is turning into a weird pre-teen. Hahaha!)

Sam's first day of JK, Sept 2013  
 
Favorite TV Show 
Rachel: "What's a TV show? Like Garfield...?" (Me: Yes!) Simpsons and Garfield
Sam: The Garfield Show and Simpsons


Sam's first day of SK, Sept 2014

Favorite Movie
Rachel: Frozen 2
Sam: Anything except for the Frozen movies (Me: Hahahahaha!!!)


Sam, Gr 1; Rachel, JK; Sept 2015 

Favorite Toy
Rachel: Funny Bunny
Sam: My Kobo

Favorite Book
Rachel: The Unicorn Diaries or the Famous Five
Sam: All of them!


Sam, Gr 2; Rachel, SK; Sept 2016

Favorite Food
Rachel: Marshmallows
Sam: Tacos

Favorite Place
Rachel: Friends' houses
Sam: My bed

 

Sam, Gr 3; Rachel, Gr 1; Sept 2017

Favorite Part of School
Rachel: Science
Sam: Recess

Favorite Part of Summer
Rachel: Swimming
Sam: Normally it would be baseball but this summer it was having more time to read.

 

Sam, Gr 4; Rachel, Gr 2; Sept 2018

Favorite Holiday
Rachel: Channukah and Christmas
Sam: Channukah and Christmas and my birthday and Easter and... all of them!

Favorite Thing to do with Mom
Rachel: Watch Disney Fairy Tale Weddings and answer blog post questions
Sam: Readathons

Favorite Thing to do with Dad
Rachel: Sing Stan Rogers' songs
Sam: Play baseball

Favorite Thing About Sam
Rachel: He plays with me.

Favourite Thing About Rachel:
Sam: She leaves me alone most of the time so I can read. I like to play with her, I guess.

Sam, Gr 5; Rachel, Gr 3; Sept 2019

What Are You Going to be When You Grow Up
Rachel: A vet
Sam: A baseball player. Or a YouTuber.

Who Are You Going to Marry
Rachel: How am I supposed to know?!?!?
am: I have absolutely no idea. I can't predict the future.

 

Rachel, Gr 4; Sept 2020

How Many Kids Will You Have
Rachel: How am I supposed to know?!?! Don't you decide that once you're married? Are you supposed to decide these things when you're nine??
Sam: See previous answer. (This is a direct quote by the way!)

Sam, Gr 6; Sept 2020

8 comments:

  1. My favourite place is my bed too, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to have these interviews with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - so funny! I love the "See previous answer' - sam is too funny!!! I love how much he loves reading & that ANYTHING BUT FROZEN answer is SUCh a brother answer.
    & yes Rachel... dont you even worry about how many kids you want right now :) LOL
    This was great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love their answers. Love how much Sam likes to read! Some of his replies reminded me a lot of my boys as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you did this! Loved their answers, they crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love posts like this! So fun to see the changes year to year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, Sam and I have a lot in common. I don't like Frozen either. I can deal with the 1st one but the 2nd is banned from our house because it numbs my brain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)