Friday, September 11, 2020

10 On The 10th: September 2020

It's time for September's "10 on the 10th" post so read on for a peek at what my September 10th looked like. Yesterday was not the best day as I left work early with a migraine and slept for most of the afternoon.

However, before supper, Dave, Rachel, and I walked to the dance store to buy ballet slippers for Rachel. (Note to self: Always try on ALL the previous years things (including shoes) before buying the new uniforms. You'll save yourself an extra trip to the dance store!). Thus, my ten pictures are all from our walk.

It was taking awhile for everyone (read: Dave!) to get out the door, so I took some pictures of the mums which are opening up more and more.
I've said this before, but I have a slight obsession with our path. I LOVE it! And I love railroad tracks heading off into the unknown (unintentional Frozen 2 reference there) and all their possibilities!
From small flowers to leaves starting to change colours, it was fun to take time to notice things.
Remember how last month, Dave was inspired to do his own "10 on the 10th"? Well, this month, Rachel was inspired so her post will be coming next week. I captured this picture of her taking a sunflower selfie.
We don't have many of these Little Free Pantries in our neighbourhood but I need to start carrying something to stock them when we see them because I love this idea.
Trip success -- Rachel got new ballet shoes!
Dave and Rachel heading home. Thanks for "joining us" on this walk.

7 comments:

  1. The mums I bought recently are starting to open too.

    Yay for new shoes. And, I love the little pantry idea...so sweet to help others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Little Free Pantry idea is really nice. Are the train tracks old and unused? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mums and glad someone is back at dance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the flower and foliage pictures were so pretty! You have a great eye. I can't wait to see Rachel's post next week, and that picture of her and Dave holding hands is absolutely precious. :) Happy weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall plants! So glad she can get back to dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos. Yay for ballet shoes and dancing. Our neighborhood little free library has also become a little free pantry, craft den, and a place where neighbors trade puzzles, games, snacks. The virus has inspired us to find ways to love thy neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those little pantries! It's a great idea when you have extras you don't need or want. (Or when your husband buys the wrong thing but the store doesn't accept returns... ahem)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)