Friday, February 07, 2014

New Zealand Dreamin'

So eight weeks from today I will be blogging from New Zealand. Needless to say, the last month or so has been filled with a lot of planning. We have a car rented, we have our ferry ride from the South Island to the North Island booked, we have some tours booked and some accommodations figured out.

I am really looking forward to doing a tour of the Waitomo Glowworm Caves...

...and if that isn't enough, we're also touring Hobbiton that same day!

While we're in Christchurch, we're planning on attending a service at the Cardboard Cathedral. I think that will be a really neat experience.

And of course, I'm looking forward to exploring some gardens! Are you at all surprised??? :)

And as sad as it may seem, I'm also really looking forward to the flight. Ha ha ha! It will be the first time in six years I will have flown and not been pregnant or with a child. I want to drink a Starbucks peacefully at the gate, read a book and watch a movie on the flight (and maybe even sleep!), and have an uninterrupted conversation with Dave. Whoo hoo!!!

I really can't wait until I can blog about all these adventures and show you pictures which I have actually taken, instead of just these ones I found on Pinterest. (Although these ones are probably way nicer than the ones I'll take!) And now I'm off to find us a bed & breakfast in Nelson. With views like this, I don't really think we'll go wrong :)

6 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful! I'm so excited that you all get to go. Can't wait to read all about it.

    BTW, I love that you dropped the G off of dreaming in your post title. =) If you ever come to visit in OK, you'll fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHH I can't wait to read those blogs!!!! How beautiful it will be and I can't wait to see all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being excited with me! I can't wait to share stories with all of you :)

      Delete
  3. I can't WAIT for you to go!

    I was also glad to not see Auckland in that post - one tip that I was given by many, many people was to get out of Auckland (or 'suckland' as they call it), as soon as possible - so many more beautiful places to explore than that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're only planning on spending about a day in Auckland and, at first I was feeling kind of bad about that. Thanks for affirming it is not a bad decision to shortchange that city :)

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)