Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Major Leagues/Minor Leagues

I'm back to writing about our road trip and our first weekend was all about baseball. We left New York and drove straight to Fenway Park in Boston to see a Red Sox game. Whenever we drive to New York, there is always a point at which we can choose to turn to go to Boston and I always joke that we should take that turn. While we didn't go the same way, we did finally make it to Boston.

It was so exciting to be outside of Fenway Park. It's such an iconic baseball stadium.
We had pretty good seats but unfortunately it was so hot. Sam was wanting to leave after the third inning. I walked up to guest services and said, "I don't know if it's at all possible, but what would be the chance that there might be some seats available in the shade?" They told me to hold on, and two minutes later, handed me a sheet of paper with new seat numbers written on them. We didn't even have to pay for our shade upgrade!!!
The view from our new seats was great too!!! We made it all the way through to the middle of the 8th inning and the singing of Sweet Caroline. We decided to leave early to beat traffic and end our day out a little sooner.
A view of the Green Monster.
 
Although I was super excited to finally attend a game at Fenway Park, our day was coloured by the fact that we found out about the death of our pastor/friend on the way to the game. I would love a chance to get back to Fenway when I can thoroughly enjoy the game without also processing the shock and sadness of our friend's death.
We stayed in Manchester, New Hampshire and our main reason for staying there was so that we could go see the Double A affiliate of the Blue Jays, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, play a game. They play at Delta Dental Stadium, also known as The Tooth. Rachel thought the stadium name was hilarious!!!
 
Even though this game clearly wasn't in the same league as the Red Sox game, we still really enjoyed it. We loved getting to see some baseball in a smaller, more accessible stadium. Rachel enjoyed interacting with the Fisher Cats mascot and it was fun to see some (hopefully) future Blue Jays play.
 After the baseball game, we headed to Target to do some shopping. We love a Target trip!
Our supper stop was right near a Trader Joes so we stopped there too. I got a little addicted to their dried mandarin orange slices. Yum -- those were good! And I was so tempted to buy some flowers but we were on the move so I had no place to display a bouquet.
So that was our fun weekend of baseball in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Tomorrow, I'll be telling you about the day we planned super last minute because we decided to ditch our original plans for the day. Yay mid-trip improvisation :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I can't believe you were here in NH! I would've come up and met you to at least say HELLO and give you a hug! Looks like you made a pit stop at my Trader Joe's too- so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you found out about the loss of your friend while you were traveling and it put a damper on being at the game. It must have been cool to see the Red Sox play though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun time!! Love that yall go to do this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)