Friday, July 21, 2023

Travelling Thursday (On A Friday): Kick Sledding Is Harder Than It Looks

This post was supposed to publish yesterday morning but unfortunately, I mixed up "AM" and "PM." Ooops. So you get a Travelling Thursday post on a Friday.

This is the last of my "catch up Travelling Thursday" posts. Remember way back in January when we went on a winter adventure which included goats, skiing, skating in a forest, and lots of laughs??? You can refresh your memory by reading about Day 1 here and Day 2 here.

We woke up on Sunday morning and started off our day by trying to learn how to kick sled. It was sooooo fun and we were soooo bad at it! Hahaha!!!

You could either sit on the sled and be pushed (as Sam is demonstrating on the left with Rachel) or stand on the runners and push yourself along (as demonstrated by Dave on the right).


It was really a unique thing to try and super fun!
 
This is the aftermath of me doing a major wipe out! The next day I had such a bad headache I couldn't go to work, and later that week, my massage therapist confirmed that I'd given myself whiplash with this fall. So just be warned that if you go kick sledding, it is a little dangerous too. I would still do it again though!

The kids loved this oversized Muskoka chair!

I love how Rachel can basically still do the splits in snow pants. And Sam is demonstrating my preferred pose -- lying down!

And then because we'd had so much fun walking goats a few days before, we decided to do it again!!! It was just as much fun the second time around.
Rachel had really been hoping to walk the same goat she had walked before but instead we got to walk Rachel, Monica, and Phoebe!!! So Rachel walked Rachel :)
 
And then we went home. It's been so much fun to re-live this mini getaway. As we were leaving for home, the kids asked if we could make this an annual tradition. Stay tuned next January to see if we head back...

4 comments:

  1. Was that the same trip when you got to skate in the woods at night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might even enjoy cold weather if I could walk goats. Sledding, I'm not so sure about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks refreshing in this hot humid weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natasha, it looks like you all had a great time in the snow. I hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)