Friday, July 28, 2023

Monthly Musings: Summer Fashion

The reason I'm a day late with this link up is because you all know I'm not a fashion person. But then I read some of the other posts in the link up and realized that it's really all about sharing who we are. And so I'm linking up with Holly at Pink Lady and Patty at Good, Better, Best for one of my favourite posts of the month, Monthly Musings. Just be warned (yet again): In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not a fashion person :)

1) Favourite summer outfit?

A few summers ago, I bought myself a pair of denim shorts because Rachel was wearing them all the time and I wanted them. I love my denim shorts and am seriously considering getting another pair because I wear them so much. I love shorts, a fun graphic t-shirt, and sunglasses.

 
Some of my favourite t-shirts are pictured below:
 
 
2) Favourite summer footwear?
 
My favourite shoes to wear in summer are ones I can wear without socks but yet walk forever in. The past few years I've gotten into Sketchers and now I have three pairs. It helps that my mom keeps buying pairs which she doesn't like and passing them on to me. I love that I can throw these in the washer when they get dirty and I can walk forever in them and my feet never hurt.
 
 
3) What summer accessories are you wearing on repeat?
 
Well, I love having a fun drink in my hand or eating an ice cream cone!
 
 
Oh, is that not what you meant by "accessories"?!?! :) I bought the bracelets below from a neighbourhood teen who was making them a few years ago and I love wearing them as a stack. She customized them for me and I love the bright colours.


4) What do you use for a summer bag?
 
Again, I'm so boring. I will get a bag and use it for a few years. Then I will usually get another one and use that. The past few years I've carried this purse which my best friend crocheted for me for my birthday. Funnily enough, I've carried it for a few years now but suddenly in June, I was getting all sorts of compliments on it.
 
It's not as long as it looks in this picture because I was carrying too much stuff in it here.
 
5) What summer scents are you wearing?
 
I never wear perfume so I probably just smell like sweat (summer real life) or my body wash which is lavender and honey.  
 
6) Maxi dress? Romper? Jumpsuit?
 
Again, I don't like any of these options. I did find a fun maxi skirt earlier this summer and I've really enjoyed wearing it. I wish I liked maxi dresses (or looked good in them) but I just haven't found one which works for me yet.
 
 
  
7) Favourite summer sunglasses?
 
I currently have a pair which I bought at Old Navy a few years ago. I don't know what brand they are but I'm excited that I haven't scratched them up or lost them yet!
 
8) Favourite summer PJs?
 
I love the patterned shorts from Joe Fresh and this year I discovered tank tops from Old Navy to go with them. I browsed on their websites last night and I like the sets I came up with below.

Image number 4 showing, Scoop-Neck Rib-Knit First Layer Tank Top for Women  Image number 4 showing, Scoop-Neck Rib-Knit First Layer Tank Top for Women

 Sleep Short Sleep Short

9) Do you wear white after Labour Day?

The only white I wear is my white t-shirt, and yes, I wear it after Labour Day.

10) Favourite summer fashion trend right now?

This assumes I know what the fashion trends are!!! I could probably ask Rachel what's in right now but I seriously don't know.

So there's my hot take (because it's summer, get it?!?!?) on fashion right now. If you're looking for me, I'm hanging out in my shorts and t-shirts and wishing I had somewhere to wear a dress! Next Monthly Musings we're talking about Back to School Shopping, Prepping, and Meal Planning and I am all over that one!

7 comments:

  1. I'm not very into fashion either. I feel like I wear the same things all the time - just switch shorts to jeans and t shirts to sweatshirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in the maxi skirt, My only suggestion would be to pull up your t-shirt to your waist or wear a shorter length blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look comfy and that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty maxi skirt. I love wearing comfortable clothes in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your accessories! I feel like I always have ice cream in my hand this summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your 'accessories' cracked me up! I love the take on this - that it isn't truly about 'fashion' but about who you are! I'm definitely going to do this one next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You nailed it! Our linkups are just about sharing who you are and what you love! I am loving that pineapple tee you showed. Thanks for joining us!
    Ptaty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)